Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Jizni - very unhappy

The end result of the OP's post calls Jizni's ethics & reputation into question.

OP sorted, retailer's reputation damaged, Wholesaler takes a knock but at least the OP is sorted !

Renny, the op is far from being sorted. I can guarantee you I hold my reputation far higher then two magazines or a thousand odd rand. But perhaps that is lost on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    The end result of the OP's post calls Jizni's ethics & reputation into question.

OP sorted, retailer's reputation damaged, Wholesaler takes a knock but at least the OP is sorted !
    The dealer should have dealt with the matter immediately and professionally as opposed to insinuating to the customer that he is a liar. The dealer damaged his own reputation through his own lack of professional service.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Problem here is, the wholesaler's reputation isn't exactly squeaky clean after all of this either. And by my dealings with them, and other member's comments here, their reputation is/was pretty good too. Always 3 sides to a story...

User

Just shows, sometimes bad stuff just happens to good people.

Considering both Andy and Marius are the small fish here compared to the wholesaler, I hope both parties get sorted.

Also, people are influenced by the horrible level of service we have come to know from general industry in South Africa. When Andy intimates that he’ll not hesitate to share the story on Gunsite, it is because he is expecting a bullshit run-away answer, because that is often the norm.

I think if you speak to any business owner, they’ll all have a story of how they unfairly lost money or have had to take a knock in the interests of keeping a customer satisfied. It is just part of the cost of doing business. Paying school fees only really starts after school.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    I've known Andy personally for a long time. Andy is a giver and refuses to take. If anything he treats people (even those who are suspect) with dignity and respect. I know of, and personally know people who have dealt with Andy for almost two decades. He is absolutely above repute. "Absolutely" is a strong term and I'm thus putting my own reputation on the line here.

If Andy says it's that way, then it is. The Andy I know would rather give away items he's not happy with than pull a dishonest trick. After all the man is financially very sound.
    Exactly my experience too (personally, business aside)
    I would stake money on Andy's reputation. I have seen his ethics and the way he works, and there are few people in the world I would trust more than him.
    That said, I am hoping the fault lies with the importer who didn't notice.

User

It looks to me like things have worked themselves out (relatively) well... and of that I am glad. Well done to Formalito (as the wholesaler) for agreeing to take back and replace the mags with the correct ones.

My thoughts on the above is that both parties seem to have a pretty plausible story (and I know and have had prior dealings with Marius and Jizni, so do believe his/their side too). As such, perhaps this was a simple case of the wholesaler having passed on incorrectly marked and packaged items (perhaps even innocently and in error)... and this issue may well have arisen further up the supply chain... possibly even with the manufacturer (or the party from which the wholesaler received the items). Anyway, its all just my speculation....

I think that it is now time to move on folks.

Banned

Had a colleague who said that during the 2nd world war if a SOMFU happened, that it was caused by a Gremlin. It was the easiest way out without wasting time on who was the guilty party.

User

I also thin that both parties here are a bit innocent. However, I think Jizni could've taken it up with their supplier first, instead of dismissing Andy's side of it. They took it up with their supplier, it seems, after a suggestion in this thread. So in that sense the op's complaint here is what led to the issue being resolved, not necessarily Jizni's willingness to go the extra mile for a customer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    I think you need to tidy your house sir. The intention of this post from you is in poor form. You're a retailer and with it comes certain responsibilities and attitude.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    What a load of bull!

Just because he's a dealer doesn't mean he should bow down and take whatever stories customers may have, no business should or would.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast