Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: NEW EDC gun, best way forward?

Do you not have another carryable gun already?

If not that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Do you not have another carryable gun already?

If not that needs to be fixed.
    This.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

What are you currently carrying?

Why do you want to change?

What do you intend getting? and why?

User

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post

Why is this of any relevance to the OP's questions?

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post

Personal choice.

User

Just licence it, he doesn't need to know what the reason is. All he needs to worry about is in your application.

As far as he needs to know, it's for dedicated sport. He doesn't need to know more or less. What your do with it that is legal, has fuck all to do with him.

User

I was carry my section 16 gun, today even when I visited my DFO, they also think its illegal but they didnt even notice...

I had a sec 13 and a "carryable" section 16, sold sec 13, bought new sec 13 and another sec 16, remember your DFO will not be the one trying to prosecute you, there are prosecutors for that and they know more law than the DFO...

User

My DFO also believes it “illegal” to carry a S15/16.

That being said I have no S13 Phew. I’ve told him in the past to just do his job and process my applications. They don’t know it all and never will. Buy a S15/16 FA and carry that once licensed. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Amazing the DFOs that must have been indoctrinated by the SAPS overlords. My DFO actually told me to just carry my s16 while applying for a new s13. He also doesn’t wear tinfoil hats to communicate with top brass.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I did it once before. Applied for new S13 with an affidavit, co-signed by DFO that he will check and assist and also a gunsmith letter, stating that at the stage when consideration is done and all is fine CFR will contact me, the current firarm will then be handed into gunsmith stock (he wanted it for spares), the DFO will then process the forms that it is done, we e-mailed the documents to the contact person at CFR, he took the old S13 from my name, approved the new one immediately and 2 weeks later I had the license for the new gun.

I think this might be only possible with a DFO that want to help. The DFO at my station is just a great guy that always try to help. He is also of opinion that S16 should not be carried, but if you are at the home and use it for SD, no problem. He also informed me that it is not his opinion but that top brass instructed them to give the message as such.

On farm patrols that we do co-ordinated with SAPS or operations were we assist they have asked that we only use S13 guns and 100 % concealed. Only to be shown if a real SD situation occur and you are drawing. For good house keeping none of us have a serious problem with this arrangement. It is just to protect ourselves against "pointing of a firearm" that never was scenario.

At our rural stations where we work a lot together with the SAPS members we get to now each other a bit and realize that 98 % of the SAPS members is also just family persons wanting to get home safe and just do their job. Maybe do the same at your stations. Help them and they will help you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast