Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Shells getting stuck in pump action

Quote Originally Posted by wonder9 View Post
    Also just moved from a 1300 to SXP recently, using Fiocchi TT's and cycling well. Think with wearing in, this issue will disappear.
    Don't discount short shucking as well its happened to me in the heat of a match. I wouldn't worry to much as I've put slug and buck and it's didn't complain.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
    This was my initial thought, short chucking, but I'm not yet familiar with the gun, and I couldn't decide if maybe its because of the slightly longer shells and me pulling on the fore arm before the bolt could rotate fully.
    But now I have a good excuse to go shoot another few boxes ammo over the weekend !
    Other than the stuck shells, the gun shoots like a dream !

User

Last weekend, I went shooting with a friend and his brand new Maverick 88 pump. I had two ancient boxes of Swartklip No7 and 8 ammo in the safe and took it along. We also experienced some FTE's, with one that required me to "mortar" the shotgun to extract the hull.
    There was some blue residue in the chamber that turned out to be the marking paint or ink used to make the markings on the plastic hulls.

I don't know if that had anything to do with the FTE's. I just assumed that the brand new gun needed some breaking in, since my dad also has a Maverick 88 and that thing never misses a beat.

The recoil with those Swartklip rounds was really lively though, so perhaps they just expand more like one reply mentioned.

User

I have the same issue, in my Winchester 1300. I have no idea why or how it happens, it happens with new ammo and it happens with old ammo. Tame ammo (and I mean TAME) and hot ammo. When I shoot fast and when I shoot slow. I have no idea why it happens, and it happens maybe one shot in two or three boxes of ammo. No idea.

User

Not all shotgun ammo is the same.

Just like some pistol and rifle Ammo is much worse than some others. Some shotgun ammo is much better than others.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I have the same issue, in my Winchester 1300. I have no idea why or how it happens, it happens with new ammo and it happens with old ammo. Tame ammo (and I mean TAME) and hot ammo. When I shoot fast and when I shoot slow. I have no idea why it happens, and it happens maybe one shot in two or three boxes of ammo. No idea.
    Had my 1300 since 97 before I was forced to scrap it this here, it was well worn in, only at the end end of life did I get failure to eject due mechanical issues.

That said I shot some Swartklip LG and SSG that I from the 90's and no issues, as Big T said you get some ammo quality issues so rather avoid stuff sitting in cupboard from 1900

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

User

The thing is it happens on old ammo (understandable), and I first picked it up on older, hotter ammo (some SSGs that's been lying in a closet for 900 years), but then I tried new ammo, same issue. Some good ammo (S&B, etc), same story.

It's not a consistent thing, that's the thing. Sometimes it works fine for two or three range trips. Sometimes it's a bit more often. It's not shooter related either, we all pick it up. It's not enough to bother me really, since it's not a defensive weapon and all that, but it's just something I picked up. I don't think my shotty has been fired a lot either, but I may be wrong. Psychosis owned it :D

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisOK View Post
    The only diffrence is the shell lenght itself and the brass part. The Swartklip ammo measures 65mm (brass part 15mm) while the gamebore is 55mm and 7mm.
    Is the shell overall length 65 mm including the brass part 15 mm. or is the overall length 80 mm. If 80 mm overall length ,was is the chamber size?

User

The total length of the Swartklip shells are +/- 65 mm (2.5 inches). The owners manual gave the chamber as 3 inches. The even shorter Gamebore shells ejected fine.

I Know you get 70mm shells and 67mm shells. Is your measurement correct in first post. The bottom parts is not brass. although the color of brass. Its colored steel. And it rusts over time. If you are shooting old shells. Dits and grime on this cab cause after the shot and expansion. For this to cling more to inside of chamber and struggle to extract.

I load alot of 12g for Claypigeon. And after a shoot if I have shells. I wipe them quick with a rag with some ballistol or other oil on. To make sure they dont rust over time while waiting to be reloaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2