Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    2,980

    Default Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    On a bolt action .22lr, has anyone here had different models of suppressors so that they can give comparative feedback on different models. I currently have a warrior , its easy to clean, has a simple baffle design, seems effective enough. But I have nothing to compare it too.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    Im a huge fan of ASE Utra SL5. Have them on my 308 and 222. In January I bought a ASE 22lr Silencer. You can take it apart and clean the discs inside. I use on my Ruger Mark 4 and Sako 22lr. Its really very effective and reducing sound.

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    2,980

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Im a huge fan of ASE Utra SL5. Have them on my 308 and 222. In January I bought a ASE 22lr Silencer. You can take it apart and clean the discs inside. I use on my Ruger Mark 4 and Sako 22lr. Its really very effective and reducing sound.
    When i was shopping around initially ,one of the ASE dealers showed me the rimfire model but said he would rather buy something local manufactured for .22 as the price does not justify it for rimfire use and they may not import the rimfire model in the future..

  4. #4
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    71
    Posts
    1,384

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    Mine was made by NUMENOR in Pretoria. Lifetime guarantee and can be taken apart for cleaning.Excellent piece of equipment.

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    KZN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    I shot my ASE Dual rimfire for the first time today and I can say I am very happy with the performance.

    Got it as a replacement for my A-TEC wave, as I was looking for something I can open and clean. with how dirty .22 is, I would think a sealed unit would eventually "fill up" with gunk

    The Dual is R1794 but they do an ECO one for R1265 the main difference being that the Eco is made from aluminium and has a single core baffle system. where the Dual is steel with 18 seperate baffles.

    The Eco should be easier to take care of seeing as it's a single core, the separate ones are bit fiddly. but I saw the Dual baffles looked like they were made from thick steel stamping, and the edges where a bit rough. I sanded the edges and smoothed them down, and now sliding in the baffles and assembling it is worlds easier.

    Was looking at the Eco model, but decided to go for the steel one instead as I think steel will last longer idk

    Looking at what my A-TEC cost (R900) and the price of the ASE ECO (R1265), which you can strip and clean, I would go for the ASE every day.

    PS I think it tightened my grouping my a small amount, but certainly did not hurt it

    Bought mine from Danie Joubert at Freeborn Arms and got tier one service

  6. #6
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Limpopo.
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    I have an Ase Eco and it works like a charm, it is aliminium and has a mono core so cleaning is much easier and it is very light. I contacted Ase Utra and they are perfectly fine to use with high velocity ammo if them being made out of aliminium worries you. Got mine from EuroOptic Africa.

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    8,914

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    I do not believe a .22 silencer warrants much debate, there is so little to be suppressed, the cheapest does 95 % of the job and the rest of the better fill the last 5 %, not much of a gain scenario.
    I have made .22 silencers from swim pool piping to .308 silencer reamed with electrical conduit. There is very little volume to suppress.
    I settled in latter years on the slip type with grub screws and piece of plastic to save barrel getting scratched.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    When i was shopping around initially ,one of the ASE dealers showed me the rimfire model but said he would rather buy something local manufactured for .22 as the price does not justify it for rimfire use and they may not import the rimfire model in the future..
    The ASE 22lr is not in the same price class as the SL5 Utra. Its much lower priced.
    It can also be easily opened and cleaned. Its got 15-20 forgot amount now. Discs in that fall out. You then clean and re insert.

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    DURBAN
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I do not believe a .22 silencer warrants much debate, there is so little to be suppressed, the cheapest does 95 % of the job and the rest of the better fill the last 5 %, not much of a gain scenario.
    I have made .22 silencers from swim pool piping to .308 silencer reamed with electrical conduit. There is very little volume to suppress.
    I settled in latter years on the slip type with grub screws and piece of plastic to save barrel getting scratched.
    I don’t believe this to be the case in my experience. I’ve shot a .22LR where i could only hear the hammer hitting the rim , shot with subsonic ammo and an impressive suppressor, I have yet to get my rifle on my entry level suppressor to shoot anything close (using the same subsonic).

    On my .308 I use a decent brand suppressor, takes off a good Amount of sound and recoil, works well for my purpose, however I’ve shot a 308 with a fancy numenor , noticeable difference.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Most effective rimfire suppressor .22lr

    Problem is. A silencer/suppressor is not just a tube with baffles in. You need to also understand and sound waves. The chambers inside should also not be same size. As they should be spaced in away so to break the sound waves as they form. A sound wave goes up and down. And you need to have baffle just before the peak and then in next chamber sound wave will differ from first. It should then be the correct size to accomadate this wave. So its not just a case of making a silencer with a ton of baffles. There is alot of science that goes into it as well to have it effecive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •