Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Transporting firearms by air: SAA problems

Need numbers to justify the cost JS4 and I are working on it

User

Say hi to him

I doubt there are hard numbers, but in the previous round, the number of firearms flown per year did not justify Reshebile's cost to Comair.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Say hi to him

I doubt there are hard numbers, but in the previous round, the number of firearms flown per year did not justify Reshebile's cost to Comair.
    Yeah but remember with the potential for SAA to be liquidated Reshebile faces loosing this business completly so this gives the carriers a chance stronger bargaining position than before.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Afaik that's not the only function Reshebile performs at ACSA airports. Also being directly contracted by ACSA probably means they aren't directly affected (at least in the short term by any airline's operational difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Afaik that's not the only function Reshebile performs at ACSA airports. Also being directly contracted by ACSA probably means they aren't directly affected (at least in the short term by any airline's operational difficulties.
    Reshebile are not contracted to ACSA, they are contracted to SAA directly. As far as I am aware the firearms they handle is only a small part of their contract with SAA

User

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Reshebile are not contracted to ACSA, they are contracted to SAA directly. As far as I am aware the firearms they handle is only a small part of their contract with SAA
    Then it may have changed. When other airlines still carried guns, Reshebile handled all guns at CT and ORT. SAPS handled guns at Lanseria

User

Swiss port handled guns for CemAir at CT the one time I managed to fly a gun with them

User

Interesting that all the other airlines think the rate charged to handle firearms is too high and doesn't make economic sense. Yet SAA is happy to pay. And now SAA is facing liquidation.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by furpile View Post
    Interesting that all the other airlines think the rate charged to handle firearms is too high and doesn't make economic sense. Yet SAA is happy to pay. And now SAA is facing liquidation.
    SAA has to oblige the state institutions who must transport their issued weapons on official business.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    SAA has to oblige the state institutions who must transport their issued weapons on official business.
    Thanks Paul. That makes sense. So then another "tax" imposed on SAA which they have no say in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast