User

Default Backup gun at a match

I'll admit ignorance right off the bat, thus the question:

What does the rulebook say regarding having a backup gun available at a match, incase there's an issue with the primary gun that prevents thebshooter from completing the match with it?

May the shooter have access to a backup gun to complete the match (goes without saying that it would be the same class as the primary)? If allowed, where must such a gun be stored for the duration of the match?

Thanks gents
    :- P

User

Default Backup gun at a match

The rule doesn’t say where it should be stored. FCA dictates that. If you need to use the secondary gun, you will need to do an inspection with the RM on duty. Generally they just check if the gun meets the criteria for the division you shooting in.

PS - in most scenarios the gun is stored in a range bag that the competitor carries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Backup gun at a match

Thanks Mozee, that's what I thought, but I was unsure. It's therefore OK (from an IPSC rulebook viewpoint) to carry the backup gun (unloaded of course) along with me in my range bag.

User

Default Re: Backup gun at a match

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Thanks Mozee, that's what I thought, but I was unsure. It's therefore OK (from an IPSC rulebook viewpoint) to carry the backup gun (unloaded of course) along with me in my range bag.
    Yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk