Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

THE 100 STEALING FIRE IMAGE.jpg

THURSDAY - 21 NOVEMBER 2019

Jmpd Roodepoort Shooting Range

(Thank you for RDP Designs for the image)

Hi there guys and girls,

As normal we will be running a hot range…..

HANDGUN STAGES: 6 STAGES

Range Building starts @ 06h15

Registration @ 06H015

Shooting start @ 07H30

Finishing time @ approximately 10h30

Club Members @ R 100.00

Non Club Members @ R 150.00

(Please choose if you want to shoot IPSC OR IDPA/OTHER)

IPSC REGISTRATION:

https://www.practiscore.com/tac-shac...-ipsc/register

IDPA & OTHER REGISTRATION:

https://www.practiscore.com/tac-shac...-fire/register

If you have problems please contact me…

Lynette: lynette@tacshac.co.za/ 011 888 4037

Have a safe and happy day.

Default Re: TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

"As normal we will be running a hot range….."

Walking around IPSC matches with loaded firearms ?

Has there been a change in the IPSC rules that now allows this ?

Default Re: TAC SHAC SHOOTING CLUG - HANDGUN - IPSC / IDPA / OTHER - THURSDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2019

Please tell us what a Clug is!

Peter

User

Stay calm and keep on clugging ;)

We can take the piss out of a spelling error. Let's stop that now before that becomes the issue at hand.

We should not take the piss out of a disregard or ignorance of IPSC protocol & rules.

Very dangerous for IPSC in South Africa.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by GuzzlingBug View Post
    We can take the piss out of a spelling error. Let's stop that now before that becomes the issue at hand.

We should not take the piss out of a disregard or ignorance of IPSC protocol & rules.

Very dangerous for IPSC in South Africa.
    Since you have been involved in IPSC since... well, almost yesterday... allow me to assist you. Tac SHAC has been specifically requested by the range owner (the Johannesburg Metro Police Department) to run a hot range, for safety purposes. This applies only to our Tier 1 club shoots (which typically start really early in the morning - thus giving rise to the security concern).

As to IPSC's heritage and history in South Africa... it was started as and developed as a 'hot range' sport.

Beyond this our Range Officers are all nationally qualified and include some of the most senior and experienced Range and Safety Officers in South Africa.

Hugs and kisses.

Paul
    SAIRO RO #258
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

This is perhaps an opportune moment to reflect on how sad this makes me.

I have pretty much devoted my life to firearm rights and actively support firearm ownership for sporting and self-defence purposes. Stephen Palos from CHASA talks about the "circular firing squad", others talk about the 'crab bucket' syndrome. It seems that some of us spend all our time trying to throw shade on anyone who tries to do anything that we personally are ignorant of. Some of us seem dedicated to trying to break down others, and their efforts, in the mistaken belief that it makes them seem bigger, more important, or somehow smarter.

It makes me sad that I have dedicated my life to, and been instrumental in building an organisation to defend all these peoples' rights to own firearms.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Hi Paul
    Both you and Lynette have done a lot for firearm owners, sports and for people. You have also done so selflessly, sacrificing your time etc. We appreciate all you have done. There will always be people that will try and put you down in life, don’t let it get to you. Remember, there are a lot more people who appreciate your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Since you have been involved in IPSC since... well, almost yesterday... allow me to assist you. Tac SHAC has been specifically requested by the range owner (the Johannesburg Metro Police Department) to run a hot range, for safety purposes. This applies only to our Tier 1 club shoots (which typically start really early in the morning - thus giving rise to the security concern).

As to IPSC's heritage and history in South Africa... it was started as and developed as a 'hot range' sport.

Beyond this our Range Officers are all nationally qualified and include some of the most senior and experienced Range and Safety Officers in South Africa.

Hugs and kisses.

Paul
    SAIRO RO #258
    Dear Paul #258.

Since you have actually only been involved with modern IPSC (Things have changed since your SAIRO RO status was still valid back in the day) for a few weeks, it may be worth your while to read the current IPSC rulebook & familiarize yourself with the new rules.

Best of luck to you and your top-notch Safety Officials.

Quote Originally Posted by GuzzlingBug View Post
    Dear Paul #258.

Since you have actually only been involved with modern IPSC (Things have changed since your SAIRO RO status was still valid back in the day) for a few weeks, it may be worth your while to read the current IPSC rulebook & familiarize yourself with the new rules.

Best of luck to you and your top-notch Safety Officials.
    So... interesting question.

Apart from "10.5.13 Having a loaded firearm other than when specifically authorized by a Range Officer." under DQs, the IPSC rules (Jan 2019) are silent on this. I have asked Hein for clarity. Will report back... after which I shall either apologise to you, or insist that you apologise to me.

Toodles.
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast