Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Canik TP 9 Combat Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    This is a very overused statement.

If he would have trained nothing otherwise, the 500 additional rounds will make a significant difference. If he's already shooting 500 rounds a month, the additional 1000 rounds will have less of an impact.

If that is the last ever 2 or 3k in his budget, he need to make the choice. If there are other funds available, he can have both. If there aren't other funds available, but it will become available over time, he can add practice bit-by-bit as the funds become available, but he can't change the Canik into a Glock bit-by-bit.
    Yup and the cost of optics means that PO isn't a division for those pinching pennies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It’s Nils

Then again Jesse Duff shoots for Taurus ...
    She could shoot for Norinco I still wouldn't hold it against her, unless she wanted me to hold it against her, then I might.

Banned

Ok... some history... I started shooting ipsc this year...I'm getting old and battle with open sights (had 22 mikes with open sights vs 3 mikes in the SA champs with an optic). I train with the SA champ(he shoots a Glock) +- 300 to 500 rounds a week. I struggle a bit with the plate on the 19x as you have to point the gun down to find the dot...I'm looking for an optic ready gun and due to my lack of experience/inability was hoping that gun would improve my accuracy due to the trigger being better or a better grip angle etc...The other option is to mill the slide of a Shadow 2 or wait for the Shadow 2 OR to become available again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    Ok... some history... I started shooting ipsc this year...I'm getting old and battle with open sights (had 22 mikes with open sights vs 3 mikes in the SA champs with an optic). I train with the SA champ(he shoots a Glock) +- 300 to 500 rounds a week. I struggle a bit with the plate on the 19x as you have to point the gun down to find the dot...I'm looking for an optic ready gun and due to my lack of experience/inability was hoping that gun would improve my accuracy due to the trigger being better or a better grip angle etc...The other option is to mill the slide of a Shadow 2 or wait for the Shadow 2 OR to become available again.
    You're new to this. Buying skill isn't going to make as much difference as you think just yet. If you're training that much and are where you are currently I am going to suggest rather looking at how you're training and if that's improving your skills like it should. Changing from one plastic people popper to another isn't going to make much difference beyond the new gun focus that sometimes gets a blip.

Im at a loss for who you are alluding to training with though.

Banned

He is the PO senior champion

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    He is the PO senior champion
    Tell the old bugger I say hi.

Banned

Will do...I've learned a lot an made huge improvements...but I think your right guns are like racing motorbikes..95% rider 5% bike. I think it's time to focus on movement and stop putting so much lead down range I think I'll get another Glock and shoot for another year and see how I do.

User

Excellent.

But even better.

Work on movement and keep sending the lead down range :)

And you should’ve done the Kita course ;)

User

Got a price on the canik
    @ R12 500.00 there are ALOT of other options out there

User

I had spare cash , and wanted a different toy. So i got one of dem new fangled turkish boom cannons. Its not a primary , its exclusively for me to shoot club stuff with. Dont want to get kilt in da striets.

What drew me was the salient arms bit. It has a really nice feel , very solidly built (in my totally untrained opinion). Awesome salient arms barrel. Very impressive stock trigger.

Ill shoot it till it breaks and report back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast