Hi guys and gals!

I regularly Google international reviews and follow review of our Gunsite gurus but I thought I would share my simple man-in-street review of the G19G4.

Licensed under S13 (SD) and one of my very first polymer purchases. I have medium to large sized hands but run the G19G4 without any backstraps, etc. The only mods are the 25c polish job using a nail buffer (borrowed from my SO), s titrium front sight and an Apex trigger connector. These mods all for a good sight picture and a smooth, consistent trigger pull, even with the gen 4 trigger bar bump.

The G19G4 is a very accurate pistol. However, after the first few range trips, I was lucky if my groupings were as wide as my finger nails with my fingers spread out. Very sad and disappointed, I deeply regretted the purchase. The guys at the range were very supportive but I was demotivated.

Playing around on the internet, especially using YouTube, I watched many 'experts' and former army, navy seals, etc. I regularly tried to emulate them but to no avail. I seemed to be getting worse. I realised that I am not a 'one size trains all types' type of shooter. As time progressed, I started focusing on 3 aspects: tight grip, straight trigger pull and a stable stance. What worked for those experts, I took note of but I found a comfortable but stable, modified tactical stance. I strengthened my grip (simply put it is as tight as a very strong handshake but without damaging the polymer frame and without the white-knuckling shivers). The straight/smooth trigger pull came from regular dry fire practice, especially in the early hours of the morning, due to my erratic sleep patterns. The Apex trigger connector removed the wall and reduced the trigger pull weight.

So why this long story? Well, it's been just over 2 years and a few thousand rounds downrange and I am currently shooting my best groupings, consistently. I am looking at roughly 96% to 100%, without a scope. Practice ammo is any 124gr standard factory ammo, non-corrosive fmj, of course.

I didn't mention trigger finger placement because I allow my finger to place itself naturally. I hope that this helps someone. Good luck and shoot straight!