Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bedford Center Shooting

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...28040614221748

Is this not the second incident at Bedford Center this year?

Any one have any further details about this incident?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Bedford Center Shooting

This was the story from the Police :
    Parktown - Police have launched a manhunt for an unconfirmed number of alleged robbers following a shooting incident at a jewellery store on Sunday around midday at Bedford Centre in Bedfordview, during which one suspect was fatally shot.

Preliminary reports suggest that three armed suspects entered a jewellery store at the centre, and demanded watches from the staff. Security officers are said to have responded to a call and the suspects started firing shots as security arrived. Security members returned fire and one of the suspects was declared dead on the scene.

One security officer was rushed to hospital after he was allegedly hit by one of the suspects as the latter fled the scene.

It is believed that there could have been more than just three suspects as the alleged robbers made off in two vehicles.

Police recovered on the scene a rifle - AK47 - with two loaded magazines. The firearm will be subjected to ballistic testing for further investigation.

To this end, the suspects are said to have taken watches whose make and value is yet to be confirmed.
    Some side notes from the Bedfordview FB group :

- As soon as shots were fired staff members closed the doors/gates to most shops.

- They also closed all the booms, so nobody could drive out of the centre parking lots for 2-3 hours after the robbery.

- And millions of rumours spread. Even from staff closing the shutters. It sounds like so many Bedfordview housewives were left hysterical in the Woolworths because the robbers were coming through the Pick n Pay towards them but the robbers left through the entrance 15m from the jewelery store on the other side of the centre.

And of course Bedford Centre has no gun signs, now the Bedfordview tannies want metal detectors at every entrance *sigh*

User

This seems to be a worrying trend..

Quote Originally Posted by scubes View Post
    This seems to be a worrying trend..
    Christmas is coming. This happens every year...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    now the Bedfordview tannies want metal detectors at every entrance *sigh*
    Obviously. It's quite hilarious to think though. Think of any time you go to the mall without anything metal on you. Belt buckle. Jewelry. Phones. Handbag. Trolley. Groceries going out. Laptop. Etc. Once you point out that it'll go off for every single thing, people tend to go "oh, yeah, that's true".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Obviously. It's quite hilarious to think though. Think of any time you go to the mall without anything metal on you. Belt buckle. Jewelry. Phones. Handbag. Trolley. Groceries going out. Laptop. Etc. Once you point out that it'll go off for every single thing, people tend to go "oh, yeah, that's true".
    Walkthrough metal detectors and those bomb/mine warning signs was the standard at most malls in the 80's.

My dad just took out his huge bunch of keys from his pocket as he walked through and it beeped and he kept on walking; mall ninjas never batted an eyelid or realised the concealed S&W was the main source of the beeping.

Banned

If you had to rob a store in a mall, guess which point you will first neutralize. They are so busy looking for something concealed that they will be easy targets.

User

Still, what do we expect the mall management to do?

Those "tannies" spends more money in a mall then I ever will, hell I don't even want to go to a mall in the first place.
    Rent in a mall is already ridiculously high, spend money on real security on every floor with lots of guns and see whom will pay for them.
    If you are worried that firearm owners will boycott you don't, people who carry are far and few in-between, it's not gonna hurt you. Even the general consensus among firearm owners is they won't get involved in something that is not their problem, so it's not like firearm owners are going to help you in any case.

If you want to live like civilized people in an uncivilized country then malls will always be a sore thumb. You want freedom of movement on the one hand but you also want it to me magically safe on the other, not gonna happen. As things get worse expect to see more of this.

User

The access control was down on Sunday morning, something about lightning from the storm the evening before. I left about 10 minutes before it all went down and drove straight out as the booms were all up. Their security was pretty tight though. The shop that got hit is right near an enterance that is very close to the road. IMHO the security did a fine job considering.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    Walkthrough metal detectors and those bomb/mine warning signs was the standard at most malls in the 80's.
    My dad just took out his huge bunch of keys from his pocket as he walked through and it beeped and he kept on walking; mall ninjas never batted an eyelid or realised the concealed S&W was the main source of the beeping.
    I must have walked through those things thousands of times, never got stopped once and they never found my BHP and 2 mags.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast