User

Default AR-15 Armourers Tool

Hello All

Curious as to everyone's experience with locally available Ar-15 Armourers tools? Good experiences, bad experiences etc?

User

Default Re: AR-15 Armourers Tool

There are several. You have to be more specific.

I have a few of them. I will buy more. I use them all. Sadly, every moron in the states is continuously trying to stamp his little name into the histories of the AR by changing something standard to something stupid. Barrel nuts are their favorite area of fuckery. So the tools are not always the same or always enough

"Must Get" things to get with your AR tool:

Magpul AR vice block
    Generic AR small spare parts kit
    Loctite Anonymous Membership Pamphlet
    2nd AR

User

Hi

I own the compact UTG one available from around R400. It works just fine and fits nicely in your range toolbox, however if I could do it again, I would go with the longer UTG model for about R800. They are both equipped to to remove castle nuts, trigger/hammer pins, the standard bird cage and 3 prong muzzle devices etc. However the extra purchase and leverage you get with the longer tool is a must.

Regards

User

Hi,

I am also looking for one and also found this one . The wheeler ar15 multi tool doesnt look to bad for R799

https://www.defcon.co.za/wheeler-eng...-15-multi-tool

User

Referring specifically to the Armourers Wrench for Castle nut, barrel nut etc.

User

After doing some digging in the Gauteng Area/online the brands I've found readily available are:

IMI
    Wheeler Engineering Delta Series
    Leapers UTG MINI
    NC Star Gen 2
    Tapco Enhanced
    AIM Sports

I would not recommend the IMI tool at all, had a very bad experience using it on a castle nut. Partly due to inexperience, but mainly due to the design of the tool. I am currently using the AIM Sports tool and it has worked pretty well so far.