Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roni Sights

Default Roni Sights

Hi Guys

I recently purchase a Roni for my glock and thinking of buying flip up sights for it as back up to red dot. is it necessary to get the CAA ones, price just seems abit high (R2000), can get a pair of sights from Amazon landed at about R700

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Roni Sights

Hey, they only tell you where the bullets are going to go, what could go wrong?

What optic is on it?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

I have the CAA flip up sights and a red dot. The flip up sights is really not the best, they work, but ai have seen better sights. Just make sure if you buy other sights that they can adjust enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Hey, they only tell you where the bullets are going to go, what could go wrong?

What optic is on it?
    I've got a vortex strike fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    I have the CAA flip up sights and a red dot. The flip up sights is really not the best, they work, but ai have seen better sights. Just make sure if you buy other sights that they can adjust enough.
    so because they going to be used as back up I dont see the value in the original sights

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    If I'm honest I've only had really kak experiences with the plastic flip up sights.

My opinion based on a 3 gun sample one of which I struggled to get consistency in a 230 round session.

User

The CAA flip ups are a bit kak. The R700 Amazon ones will probably also be.

Magpul Pro BUIS, Troy etc.

Presuming the setup is used in some context where BUIS are needed

Quote Originally Posted by benez View Post
    I've got a vortex strike fire....

If it were me, and the roni was going to be used for anything other than bullet golf on a regular basis I would put an aimpoint on it.

Someone was selling an H1 on here for 5k. I'd bet that would be pretty close to what the vortex and flip ups would cost.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

What about an ACOG on a Roni? Certainly back up sights then become almost a "non-issue."

For backup I have a laser sight on mine in case the red dot malfunctions. If set up correctly and you aim through the red dot, but in the off position and the laser is on it is difficult to tell which of the 2 sights are actually the one currently working. That is in low light conditions though. In bright daylight the laser becomes difficult to see. For my use of a Roni I have checked myself if both sights are off; a SADPA target can be reliably hit centre body mass out to 20 meters and if needed and all went down I hope that "spray and pray" will do the job.

I change the batteries on red dots frequently so that I know they will not leave me in a predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    What about an ACOG on a Roni? Certainly back up sights then become almost a "non-issue."
    An ACOG is magnified, so not ideal on a carbine conversion, but conceptually it is the same as SSP's H1 recommendation. The price of a set of back-up sights can make quite a difference to the quality of red dot that one can buy.

That does not help one if you already have an optic though. If it helps, I've heard of flip-up sights failing in two modes:
    - Losing zero.
    - I seem to recall somebody mentioning that his cheap set would flip down by itself under recoil. Probably not with a pistol caliber, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast