Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: The Role of the AR Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Put a Glock in a Roni and you have the same. Not so?
    Technically. I have that and it fun, but would swap it in a heartbeat for a real 9mm carbine!

User

I have had a gunsmith mount an adaptor to a 22 pistol, that allows a butt stock to be mounted. This does not require any paperwork and it legally stays a pistol. Same goes for a Roni and similar kits.

Do that in the USA and you land your ass in prison.

Now some genius invented a "pistol brace" that is designed to clamp around your forearm. That BATF tested it and certified it acceptable. Then someone put the brace in his shoulder, just as one would use a butt stock. Hmmm... The BATF ruled that to be acceptable too, simply because doing otherwise would be utterly unenforceable.

This is a prime example of why arbitrary limits and restrictions are a bad idea as they just act as incentives for people to find the loopholes.

There is no logical reason to limit barrel length. Doing so just creates a desire to thread into "forbidden territory".

Fortunately we are not burdened with this kind of idiocy in SA, so please don't give the genuisses who write our laws any stupid ideas.

User

To further answer your question, have a look at this image. I cannot open Reddit at work so I can't paste the image here, hope that link takes you to the correct image. (else search for "ATF gun classification made easy").

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comment...ct_sense_guys/

This shows how ridiculous the ATF definitions are. But by the same token, if a handgun definition is only "‘handgun' means a pistol or revolver which can be held in and discharged with one hand" then almost any "AR Pistol" in the US should be able to be licensed as a pistol in SA, which should be easier than a SLR license?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3