Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Any Experience with Downrange Distributors?

While I know there are other good brands, very few offer the value for money as Primary Arms does. Really. They're great scopes, at a great price. I think the guys are maybe running the business from home, like Jizni started. Worth a shot to give them a contact or a visit.

I sent them a mail yesterday and recieved a response this morning,for now it seems legit. I also might be going to Welkom next week for a few days for work, will try make a turn there if time allows.

User

Quote Originally Posted by remington ax View Post
    I sent them a mail yesterday and recieved a response this morning,for now it seems legit. I also might be going to Welkom next week for a few days for work, will try make a turn there if time allows.
    If you can that would be awesome! Really hope they are legit. Please let us know if you manage to visit them!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    While I know there are other good brands, very few offer the value for money as Primary Arms does. Really. They're great scopes, at a great price. I think the guys are maybe running the business from home, like Jizni started. Worth a shot to give them a contact or a visit.
    Holosun are the OEM for a lot of the Primary arms stuff as I understand it.

User

Yep, they're sister brands, if I remember correctly. Primary Arms make some great FFP scopes with epic reticles though, for great prices. I had a look a while back and if you can get them imported, you can get a GREAT entry level FFP riflescope for $229 from Primary Arms. Something like this: https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...dot-pa4-14xffp

I'm not TOO familiar with Holosun's products, but maybe they have something nice as well? I know about Primary Arms as I saw a review on them from a well-known long-distance shooter and shooting instructor, who said that they make the best value for money intro FFP scope on the market today. Older video, I know, but it stuck.

So my 3 day trip to Welkom turned into a 1 day, needles to say i had no time to visit them unfortunately. Maybe if i let them know about this thread they can come and address any concerns.

User

Just out of interest, I see this has been mentioned previously, why not go for the Vortex 1-8x24mm for almost the same price which is available from well known shops around SA. I use one personally, I find the reticle sub tensions (100/200, 300, 400 yards) are accurate with an 18" barrel with 55 grain loads running at around 2950fps (very common set up). The reticle can also be used as a range finder (have not tried this yet so cannot comment as to its effectiveness). Reticle is illuminated. One can also get OEM Vortex throw levers, mounts, lens caps and not to mention the warranty.

User

Thanks Remington, life happens so all good! The Vortex 1-8 is next on my list, and will probably end up going that way. As I mentioned just wanted to explore the PA possibilities before going for the alternates.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

Good choice, you wont regret the Strike Eagle :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2