Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Spare Mags Carry Method

Looking for recommendations on how to carry spare magazines while on active duty (Law Enforcement) and wearing a bullet proof vest (BPV), what is the best method? Vertical OWB on the belt ,using a "tactical" vest on top of the BPV, a drop leg holster for them etc. I'm concerned that carrying vertically OWB will be hard to draw with the BPV on and that the base of the mag will touch the BPV and make it uncomfortable.

I was looking at something like this:
    https://quantumcarry.com/collections...ier-sports-cut

User

Default Re: Spare Mags Carry Method

Will the handgun be the primary or secondary firearm? How is the BPV setup with regards to you ammo loadout?

User

Handgun will be the primary firearm. It is a plain Jane BPV as to be expected from Government, with no pouches or molle on it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Handgun will be the primary firearm. It is a plain Jane BPV as to be expected from Government, with no pouches or molle on it.
    I will recommend that you first confirm if the BVP is fitted correctly. Mine allows for waist carried pouches with comfort. If that does not work go for drop leg setup 😫 or mag pouch that can be rotated.

User

I carry 10 extra z88 standard mags whilst on duty. 7 on the right side of the chest via a chest rig attached over the standard saps bpv. two extended on the left side.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    I carry 10 extra z88 standard mags whilst on duty. 7 on the right side of the chest via a chest rig attached over the standard saps bpv. two extended on the left side.
    You going to war?

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    You going to war?
    He's a law enforcement officer in SA.
    That pretty much explains the reasoning! :)

User

When I was a cop I used Rescomp's CR Secure holster and their belt and the old CR Speed mag-pouches that you could mount to sit low on the belt. This made the mags clear the bottom of my vest. I could fit 4 mags around my left side plus my cuff-pouch behind my right hip. And I had one horizontal mag in front on the left of my midline and a torch horizontally on the right in front of the holster.

If I had to do it again I would have a custom panel / plate carrier made where I could keep at least two mags and an extra torch and at least two sets of handcuffs.

For duty gear that will work with a SAPS issue vest I think Rescomp probably makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    You going to war?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdjcYjSsIok

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post

For duty gear that will work with a SAPS issue vest I think Rescomp probably makes the most sense.
    Agree

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast