Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Woman assaulted by cops

I see lot of people commenting that in the US she would have been tazed and manhandled so the police in the video showed some restraint.......the difference is in the US you probably wouldn't be pulled over by fake cops or gang raped by the police once in the back of the van.

User

I do believe that this behaviour is the direct result of total lack of leadership and discipline

A few solid cases with damages would wake any normal organisation up.

But yes, if this was my wife, I think things/thoughts/actions wouldn't be easy to control as far too many people hide behind uniforms and give the guys that are working their asses off a bad name!

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    A few solid cases with damages would wake any normal organisation up.
    This will work if these damages are also levied against the individuals in person. As otherwise its merely no bother to them as its taxpayer money.

If I were her. I would lawyer up and go full steam after them.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/New...block-20191206

Seems things did go bad in the van.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

She did exactly right. As a bystander I bet there are not a few options. Make a video, but the chance of the metro cops that are a law unto themselves will give you shit for that is huge. The best recourse that I was given by "experts" is to call SAPS. Metro Police is not higher in the hierarchy than SAPS. Call SAPS and tell them a kidnapping is taking place. They are supposed to respond and when a SAPS officer is on the scene the Metro cop should adhere to SAPS procedure. That is in the perfect world though. The chance of a SAPS cop going against his Metro buddy is slim, but at least there must be a call out record etc.

In general SAPS are a lot better behaved and "humane" than Metro Police officers in my experience. The SAPS officers that try to behave "above the law" is few and far in between. Metro cops? mmmm, 75 % is always thinking they are there to be a pest towards the public. They don't serve, they just fill their own and the metro's coffers.

Hope a good lawyer expert will come forward and help this lady to take them all to hell and back and leave them jobless and penalized.

User

Yus imagine being that poor girls father or brother
    The utter rage would be a scary thing to behold

Those dirty pricks don't deserve the uniform, and they also do not deserve the "protection" it affords them.

Hope the bastards get nailed

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    I do believe that this behaviour is the direct result of total lack of leadership and discipline
    Would you act like the people in the video?

Because poor leadership won't make me do this.

User

Ok but let's just say you were in the wrong either DUI, hit and run, wreck less driving etc. Isn't it that if the Metro Police pull you over you're not allowed to resist as that can be added to your charges, ie resisting arrest. What can an Officer do when you're resisting is he not allowed then to use force (manhandled) etc by trying to restrain and handcuff you.
    I'm just saying in the US or UK this was normal and correct, if you break the law and you flee (evading), you're making it worse.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

No. They lady is not aggressive. She is outnumbered. Pulling her out of the vehicle like that is not arrest. It is assault. She stopped and opened the window. She was not the aggressor. They swarmed her. They could kindly explain the situation to her. They are wrong. End of story.

User

In the US and UK (and a host of other countries) it is fair to assume that the cops stopping you are, in fact, cops and have some legitimate reason to want to stop you.

In SA the concerns are:
    - Are these real cops?
    - If they are real cops, how do I know that they're not stopping me as part of their side hustle? That is they're crims with a badge.
    - If they are real cops, what month is it?

I've had a number of personal encounters with cops during my commuting so much so that when I see cops (be it metro or saps) I ALWAYS assume they're looking for a reason to cause shit.

I absolutely abhor driving at night because of the prospect of meeting up with the wrong bunch of cops.

As per the article this lady had an incident with fake cops earlier this year. Assuming she wasn't drunk and/or driving recklessly then I can't see why the 'officers' failed to apply any logical thinking to the situation.

They don't deserve to wear a badge, they don't deserve to be in a position that affords them any level of authority/power.

But to channel my inner gazzamack nothing is going to happen to these scumbags.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast