Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: The Perfect Hunting Bullet

Scenario, you have a 308 win and you can choose between a 150gr accubond or a 180gr accubond.

One will shoot a little flatter over normal hunting distances, but up close it will have a higher impact velocity, have a bigger cavitation effect, create more meat damage and retain less weight.
    The other will shoot less flatter over normal hunting distances, but up close it will have a slower impact velocity, have a smaller cavitation effect, cause less meat damage and retain more weight.

In a 30-06 you can shoot a 110gr TTSX or a 180gr TTSX, same design bullet, yet both will kill most animals without any problems.

So in effect it’s the same design bullet, but selecting a different weight creates a different outcome, hence the perfect bullet comes with conditions, one must select the right condition for you as well.

User

Just another thing I want to say, the perfect bullet is.........bullet placement.

Reminds me of something a Protea angler once said, he said he would rather put the wrong bait in the right place instead of the right bait in the wrong place.
    I've never struggled to kill any animal with any cartridge or bullet type, shoot it right and you will never have any problems, shoot it wrong and no bullet on earth will save you.

Debating the small difference in premium bullets is fine, but placing premium bullets correctly counts for a whole lot more.

Good read. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2