User

Default Posse callup: SA Hunt open letter to Minister Cele

Last week I received a copy of an open letter written by Fred Camphor of SA Hunt to the Minister of Police detailing the complete disdain with which Govt have treated him when he has tried to interact regarding the amnesty.

I can't say anything the Fred hasn't said in his letter already so I'm posting this to draw more attention to it as I haven't seen it on this forum yet.

Link to letter: https://www.sahunters.co.za/images/a...204%202019.pdf

Link to complete press release with all associated appendices/attachments/additional info: https://www.sahunters.co.za/index.ph...rearms-amnesty

How about forwarding this info to any and all media outlets, contacts you have on radio stations/newspapers/magazines etc? Use social media too. Try to get it out to the non-gun or neutral people so that we're not just preaching to the already converted.

If enough of us make a fuss about it, maybe we can draw attention to embarrass somebody into doing something. Even organisations like Daily Maverick (who aren't entirely pro-gun) might actually decide that it's worth doing a story if enough of us approach them because this is a clear example of the disdain with which Govt is treating its citizens. Make the point that if they get away with ignoring us for this, it will only encourage them to do ignore citizens on other matters.

If we don't try something, then we will definitely fail. By all making an effort, there is a chance of success. Sounds like a no-brainer to me......... ;-)

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Posse callup: SA Hunt open letter to Minister Cele

GOSA sent the message to our entire media contact list (more than 50 contacts) last week already.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I see NHSA is taking the minister to court to stop the amnesty.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    I see NHSA is taking the minister to court to stop the amnesty.
    Not sure how successful they'll be, but I hope they are.

One of the DA MP's (or whatever he is), published an open letter on Facebook where he outlined how flawed the process was to get the amnesty approved.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk