Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Rechargable Lamps

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    Thanks shooty,
    I am fortunate enough to have a number of torches ranging from a Streamlight Scorpion and Dual Task, to a Nextorch but he CR123 batteries are expensive!
    I have a couple of the Energizer headlamps too which are a must should you want to move around the house and have your hands free
    The goal with the lamps is to have something that can light up the lounge or bedroom. And allow to charge when the power is back
    The Exremelights one is also rechargeable.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Will keep that in mind, the Magneto seems to be the way I will go, will report back

User

Much easier to replace the battery on the Magneto than on the Ultratec. They use the same battery AFAIK.

User

With stage 6 loadshedding I don't think there will be enough charge time between intervals

User

I purchased a couple of the Zartek lights from TacQM a good couple years back. They're in constant use around the house and more so during load shedding.

The dimmable led one does the most duty for us. It's probably overkill for our use case but it's worked flawlessly since day one and is still rolling on strong.

I have been without electricity for 24 hrs. And without water for 8 hrs. Whatever you choose, make sure you have a reliable source to charge your lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I have a set of these and have ordered more. It works out to about R100 all inclusive. I connect them on a 20k mah Powerbank when my 12v LED system takes strain (Like now) They are very,very bright and don't consume a lot of power. Very versatile indeed.

www.wish.com/share/8957ihvcws

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
    I bought a few of the Magneto's from Makro some time back. They work great. Use them at home for load shedding as well as outdoors for fishing and camping. Had them recharged numerous times and they seem to hold charge well. Often leave them on for hours while fishing and they seem to last fora long time.

https://www.makro.co.za/sports-outdo...00000300353_EA
    How long does it take to charge fully?

User

I Bought 4 of the magnitos when they came on the market. Batteries did not last. They don't have good charge controller so if you leave them plugged in they will kill the batteries. Strange as they have a function that automatically switches them on if the power goes out while plugged in. They do have a USB port to power a phone, etc but when i tried it did not work...

Considering a stand alone LED lighting system for the house with Small Led down lights in some of the rooms. Probably more expensive but would potentially give better light.

User

i use the magneto lamps , it has a scaled down alarm battery inside ,it also looks like you could swap it out for a bigger one but you will loose mobility.
    when i purchased mine almost a year ago i ran it flat ,fully charged it and left it to run, i got 2days out of it before i called it quits. it was alot dimmer than fully charged but enough light to see things.
    Just one note the USB charger i find isnt reliable and sometimes i can only get one charge for my cell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast