Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spam messages

Banned

Default Re: Spam messages

My efforts to try and get rid of some spamming.

This message serves to confirm receipt by the WASPA secretariat of your complaint lodged regarding spam.

After investigating this matter, we have established that the number you provided in your complaint is not assigned to any of WASPA's member organizations, meaning the SMS is from a public owned number and not a WASPA member.
    Unfortunately, this means that your complaint falls outside of WASPA's jurisdiction.

If you have any questions regarding the Code of Conduct or the complaints procedure, please address your queries to
    <complaints@waspa.org.za>.

User

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    Credit bureaus can get into a lot of trouble of they are caught selling data to credit providers of people who are on the opt out list.
    You can also get into a lot of trouble if you're corrupt and if you steal tax payers' millions. :P

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    What seems to work is being rude AF, but without swearing, and first asking them where they got your number (its always 'the national consumer database'...) and then where they got permission to contact you. The answers does not really matter to me, but then I tell them in no uncertain terms that they have to remove them from their list.

Since I started doing that, the calls started getting less and less, where now, I only get such a call maybe every 2 months, or when I renew a Vodacom contract, 3 or 4 in the month after.
    They don't need permission to call you. That's what unsolicited means. However, they MUST remove you from their database immediately if you ask for it. ECTA act and all that.

User

We had Joshua door, and the usual credit killers calling DAILY for staff, sometimes twice a day, (staff don't work in the office)
    African bank too

So eventually got hold of the regional manager of one of the stores and informed him we would open harrassment charges should they keep calling my business looking for staff for personal matters

Calls have since ended

I am always amazed at how much these staff members are allowed to borrow though

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post

Even me

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Even me
    60K loan against a 6k salary
    no assets
    No fixed address really

Then there's me, House etc etc etc
    Needed everything short of a sperm sample and 8 months to get a credit card.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    We had Joshua door, and the usual credit killers calling DAILY for staff, sometimes twice a day, (staff don't work in the office)
    African bank too

So eventually got hold of the regional manager of one of the stores and informed him we would open harrassment charges should they keep calling my business looking for staff for personal matters

Calls have since ended

Years ago I had the same and informed the caller when hr phoned for confirmation of employment not to provide credit to the member. Credit Provider said how came I say that. Exactly 3 months later the same person phoned asking if I could speak to the default payer. I reminded him of 3 month previous and the call stoped.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I've heard of numerous people who's spam increased when they registered on National Opt Out.
    Rumours or actual first hand accounts.

Because I did it years ago and it worked. Only get calls from companies (mostly Sanlam) whose services I use and threatening to take away my business usually get me off their list for at least a couple of months.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    Rumours or actual first hand accounts.

Because I did it years ago and it worked. Only get calls from companies (mostly Sanlam) whose services I use and threatening to take away my business usually get me off their list for at least a couple of months.
    Well, a buddy had spam, registered on there and he said from the next day the spam doubled. Yes, I know, not really accurate measurement, but still.

Banned

Got a message from them this morning from the address below. DA is the most persistent spammer in SA. Changes email addresses and 087 numbers daily. Wish I could get one back on them.

DirectAxis <etertoll@mweb.co.za>

User

"Good day Sir..... You qualify for a free phone and laptop.... etc yada yada yada......"

Me. "Are you sure I do Qualify"

"Yes Sir. You qualify for a or a free phone and laptop......"

Me " remind me what do I qualify for:

"Sir. You qualify for a or a free phone and laptop......"

Me: " great , send it to my address"

"Sir, where do you work and what do you earn......"

Me: "Im jobless for the past 10 years..."

"Sorry Sir. you dont qualify for anything....."

Me: " Hold on, you just confirmed 3 times I qualify for a free phone and laptop, I want my free stuff, send it to this address"

Now they hang up on me and I don't get any calls from them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast