Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam messages

Banned

Default Spam messages

Do you guys also get as many spam messages via phone and email. The worst in my experience is Direct Axis loans. They keep on changing 087 numbers so that blocking the number does not mean you will not be troubled again. Is there no way of flooding there email so as to return the shit they dish out.

The same goes for insurance ads. If I want insurance then I will contact them. The recent spate of Outsurance ads on TV has put me off them forever. Others seem to be taking over now.

These ads remind me of road rage when you receive them.

Any other way of stopping the aggravation?

Default Re: Spam messages

It is totally out of control to the point that unless I know or suspect who it is I no longer answer calls. Both spam SMS and calls. Not so much email.

Banned

Truecaller does help. Dont answer any 087 numbers accept if you want to torment them.

User

Not spam messages, worse, since I blocked my vodacom account from being able to load any subscription services I have been getting daily messages asking me if I want to unblock it, since I apparently want to subscribe to MANY things whiles not even using my phone these days.

Some days I just want to be put in a sound proof room with these people, to talk it out, in a civilized matter.

User

If you have the time and want to have some fun, see how long you can keep them on the line before THEY put the phone down. My record is 2 hrs and 34 minutes.

User

Too many to mention (calls and SMS messages). Get Truecaller and block the mofos. They seem to use multiple numbers sadly each of which will need to be blocked but it's a start.

User

TrueCaller no longer automatically blocks calls marked as Spam. You have to manually block each one. TrueCaller has turned into a bit of a turd app.

User

I Swear I saw an increase in spam after i downloaded trucaller. Maybe its just me though....

User

The worst is spam SMS'es because I have 2 new firearm apps one on 45 days and one on 55 days so in about 2-4 weeks from now I bekak myself everytime I get an SMS hoping that its CFR...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Some days I just want to be put in a sound proof room with these people, to talk it out, in a civilized matter.
    Jeez, I'm not the only one !

I really hate it when the sending number is much longer than a regular cell number, so you cannot even reply to bait them (before blocking them).

I have had some seriously resilient email spammers, the worst one being some poes that sells Winter Green Grass Seeds or Big Bag Grass seeds. I have emails going back to 2012 from it. I have tried ISPA reports, but haven't managed to stop him. I'd really love to meet it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast