Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: MOVIE: MOFFIE

User

Default Re: MOVIE: MOFFIE

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    M43 for a 47 year old your level of naivete and ignorance is astounding. I seriously do not mean to offend you and I apologise in advance, but surely at this age one would have accumulated at least some life experience.
    Dude stop watching Braveheart. Seriously.
    Actually I don't own a TV. I get to decide what I keep my mind busy with. Not some soapie director or news editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Thank you Messor. They will always find someone or something to blame. Some are just constituitionally devoid of the honesty required to see things realistically.
    The path of truth and fact is indeed difficult, better to live in fantasy, lies and illusions.
    Someone to blame reminds me of this classic article by David Bullard.

https://bruinou.com/aweh/forum/3-ser...lonised-africa

User

So I grew up in a house critical of the National Party government. My dad was on a security police watch list and our phone was tapped. Other then some other I was alive long enough not to have worn a nappy for all of the 1980’s.
    The NP government did infringe on personal freedom- it spend a fortune on keeping some people from having sex with people of colour- lookup the Ontug Wet/Law. It used the Nederduits Reformed church as a propaganda instrument. It did enriched the politicians, look at how Robert Smit and his wife was murdered prior to exposing large scale corruption.
    But, the infant mortality rate was lower then now, Black and White had a functional but segretated health system. The list goes on.
    And no, I’m not an Apartheid Supporter. The White taxpayers paid for all and everyone back then so gratefully that came to an end. The ANC government passed more race based laws then the NP ever did- BBEE, Equal Employment Act etc.
    As a collective group South Africans is more doomed now then ever including 1948-1994.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

Khris Khristofferson wrote and sang this song, and perhaps, its why I am like I am ? grew up with this as a household song

Excellent song; thanks Treeman. I've always enjoyed Kristofferson, to me this is one of his best (not that I'm much of a judge of good music ). Some lessons to learn from the song, apt for the current topic. The possibility (probability?) of the abuse of the law in very real now, with the SA government progressively losing control and increasingly acting with mindless "kragdadigheid" when under pressure.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...busing-patient

I thought I drop this here instead of a new thread .
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...busing-patient

I thought I drop this here instead of a new thread .
    Very interesting, thanks.
    I'm guessing he's not going to get as much publicity as Mr Weinstein.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13