Default Cartridge Collectors - Collection Value

Hi,,

My Dad has a very nice, but uncatalogued collection. At first glance probably well over 125 cartridges. Some are extremely unique and he started collecting about 50 years ago, not seriously though.

So I would like to have a realistic valuation done on this collection with a view to selling the collection on behalf of my Dad.

Is there anyone in Gauteng who would do me the favour of valuing the collection?
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Default Re: Cartridge Collectors - Collection Value

Morning.

Can’t help with info on someone who can valuate, but would like to put it out there that when you want to sell, please keep me in mind.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

The value of the cartridge depends on condition, caliber, scarcity, place of origin and manufacturer, among others. Nobody can give you an estimate unless there are some detailed pictures and descriptions.
    Also, I do not want to be a fear-monger, but please get this collection legal as soon as possible. A lot of guys have live ammo in their possession without a legal license or permit. An ammunition collector's permit will allow you up to 200 rounds of the same caliber without a license for said caliber.
    Any of the collector's associations would be able to help you out.

User

Hi,

Will pm you contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    The value of the cartridge depends on condition, caliber, scarcity, place of origin and manufacturer, among others. Nobody can give you an estimate unless there are some detailed pictures and descriptions.
    Also, I do not want to be a fear-monger, but please get this collection legal as soon as possible. A lot of guys have live ammo in their possession without a legal license or permit. An ammunition collector's permit will allow you up to 200 rounds of the same caliber without a license for said caliber.
    Any of the collector's associations would be able to help you out.
    My Dad is a collector, he has a collectors license and the collection is 100% legal.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Great! That's good. Unfortunately there are a lot of guys out there who has illegal ammo in their possession.
    You dad's collectors association should be able to do a good valuation on the collection.