Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Insight into AR10/SR25 Pattern Rifles

Owner of a DM4 308 here. .308 18" barrel with 1 in 10 twist. Not chrome lined AFAIK. I believe it's got a rifle length gas system - about 13 inches of exposed gas tube.

I've been shooting it for the last 7 months or so with about 500 rounds through it. Accuracy with crappy milsurp 143 grain seems to be in the 1.5 to 2.5 MOA range. No muzzle flip to speak of...just a healthy thump straight back into your shoulder. That's probably down to the muzzlebreak.

Few things to note:

Adjustable gas block is a must with a "DI" AR10 if you plan on suppressing it. Aftermarket addition.

Occasional ejection problem leading to double feed. Happens at high and low gas settings. Occurs once in 50-100 rounds. Could be ammo or buffer weight related as it happens at all gas settings.

My guess is from the factory the buffer weight and/or spring weight seems to be a bit on the low side. Need to get a heavier buffer. Recommendations on where?

Since it only uses the M14 style Armalite manufactured magazines, sourcing extra mags have been an absolute pain! Apparently does not work with 308 Pmags. Haven't gotten the chance to see what needs to be modified to make it to work...how hard can it be?! ;p

In general there's a cool thing about AR L10's and that is that stocks, grips, buffer tubes, triggers and safety selectors are interchangeable between it and an AR15...so if you want that fancy Geissle trigger you don't have to get one specially for an AR10.

Hope that's been informative.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

User

Hi Christo

Thanks for the feedback. The DM4 is actually at the top of my list hence why I requested a review from an owner.

Just three questions, if you look at the bolt face, are there two ejector rods next to one another with a widened ejector lip on the opposite side or is it the same layout as the AR15?

Secondly, have they used Armalite branded components for the upper and lower sections of the receiver?

Thirdly just off hand, is the front (stepped down) section of the barrel about an inch (thumb width) in diameter?

Thanks again in advance for the insight.

Regards

Hi,

Only one ejector rod, so same layout as AR15. I think the dual ejector rods are a relatively new thing first done by Knight's I believe.

Yes, the lower is Armalite. The upper has "DM4 tactical rifle" branded on the left side. However, the forging patterns line up perfectly with the lower so I believe the upper to Armalite as well...which would be the only way it would work with the lower due to only Armalite making the "B" pattern.

Barrel looks to be about an inch thick. After the gas block it steps down quite a bit, obviously.

Happy to help. Any further questions welcome.

Have a lekker weekend!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2