Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dual License

Default Dual License

Evening all. My wife and I have decided to dual license 2 of our firearms. My 12 gauge pump and her Glock 19. Catch is, I am already at 4 FAs on section 15. Besides going dedicated, will I still need to loose one of my other FAs to go this route?
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Dual License

Why dont you just become dedicated? quite easy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's pretty easy to become a DSS plus more firearms will be bought at a later stage so you might as well

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Banned

Just do it.

Banned

You need DSS to license more than four firearms.

And the dually licensed firearm must be licensed on the same type of license to the second person. You cannot license the G19 on S.15 if her license card says S.16.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    And the dually licensed firearm must be licensed on the same type of license to the second person. You cannot license the G19 on S.15 if her license card says S.16.
    I successfully applied for a dual license on S16 where the origanal license card is S15. The dual license only states Section 12 with expiry date etc

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    You need DSS to license more than four firearms.

It's not a good idea to get an Additional Licence on your only fa, that is for SD. If you have more than 1 fa, then let your SO apply for an Additional Licence on your second fa.

Personally, I let my SO application for Additional Licences on some of my sport (16) fas. One is her SD (13) fa and the other 2 she uses for DSS (16).

Good day folks

Has anyone experienced issues renewing a dual license on S13? My DFO says it’s only showing one of the 2 persons licensed to the FA so the renewal can’t be processed. Sounds like a load of BS to me…

User

DFO, dual license and renewal in the same sentence. I head is spinning

User

Hi Muhammad. I suspect the DFO wanted to say the Original license holder should renew then only thereafter can the additional licensee also apply for the additional license again. That's the only logical explanation I can think of. So try the renewal on the main license holder and then see if the additional will also be approved. If not then I suggest you re-apply for the additional license again once the main license has been renewed.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast