hello all,

you may have realised that I have been asking some question the last couple of months in relation to more statistical information.

as some of you know, I am in process of building a hunting simulator specifically catered to the SA market, hence the questions.

can someone tell me if there are any information sources available to get statistical information so I don't have to keep asking these questions on the group. Thank you everyone that have been giving me some insight into the various aspects.

the next question that I have is for instance, what is the most common scope mounted on hunting rifles in SA. the idea is to manufacture a device to mount on the front of the scope to project the target into the rifle in order to perform target acquisition similar to what is being projected on the main optical display system. thereby achieving the result of using ones own rifle in the simulation.

this seems to be an area where the traditional simulators have not been able to achieve any results, and therefore it should make this Sim a bit more unique. We are also in process of modelling the most common animals in 3d with the associated vitals in the correct places in order to ensure that we can accurately predict a vital hit. the next step would be to understand animal characteristics and the behaviour of these animals when hit in the different areas, heart/lung/gut etc.

if any of you would want to assist with these type of questions please drop me an email, and we will see if at the least we can credit you in the simulation somewhere.