User

Default Article: "Farm worker discovers a stockpile of ammunition in a veld"

https://city-press.news24.com/News/a...-west-20200104

A farm worker found a stockpile of ammunition in an open veld in North West while looking for prickly pears on New Year’s Day.
    According to a police official, the ammunition, which includes 44 R5 rounds, 58 R1 rounds, three 9mm rounds, two R5 magazines and 28 weapon-mounted launchers, appears to be of military origin, although ballistic tests are still to be conducted.

The find in North West, on a farm near Valleifontein, close to Mahikeng, appears to have been buried for some time before being discovered by 39-year-old Shimane Moremede on Wednesday.
    “It was shortly after 5pm when I saw the ammunition by a small pile of rocks. I saw magazines that were sticking out of the ground. That’s when I phoned the police using a friend’s cellphone. The police came to fetch it the next day.”
    Adele Myburgh, North West police spokesperson, said the ammunition was wrapped in three ammunition bags that were already torn as a result of being underground for a while, possibly up to 10 years. The police had to dig the ammo out of the ground.

User

Default Re: Article: "Farm worker discovers a stockpile of ammunition in a veld"

How do you tell whether a mag belongs to a R5 or an LM4 for example? Same with the ammo. And if a 102 rounds is a stockpile I shudder to think what the amount of ammo in my safe will be called by the police/reporter.

User

Default Re: Article: "Farm worker discovers a stockpile of ammunition in a veld"

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    How do you tell whether a mag belongs to a R5 or an LM4 for example? Same with the ammo. And if a 102 rounds is a stockpile I shudder to think what the amount of ammo in my safe will be called by the police/reporter.
    Well, we all know that an R5 is a weapon of extreme warfare, so obviously the scary magazine belongs to it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    Well, we all know that an R5 is a high calibre weapon of extreme warfare, so obviously the scary magazine belongs to it.

Fixed it for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Thanks

User

What is a "weapon-mounted launcher"? Rifle grenade or under barrel grenade launcher? Maybe a bayonet?

User

Well... Plus side is, at least it wont be used for CIT or Robberies....

User

i thought that the "stockpile" referred to the pile of rocks in the picture...

User

Perhaps it meant to read "Farm worker discovers ammunition under rockpile in veld"

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk