Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: Glock 19 gen 5 vs M&P 2.0 compact 4 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    So there was a faulty gun, that got fixed once the owner got in contact with the right people?

I bet someone, somewhere has a similar story about a CZ or a Glock or an STI or a Taurus too...
    Nothing is made perfect and shit happens

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    So there was a faulty gun, that got fixed once the owner got in contact with the right people?

I bet someone, somewhere has a similar story about a CZ or a Glock or an STI or a Taurus too...
    Took +3months to get it sorted. Because it was first up and down between importers and S&W who did not answer emails till Youtube post.

So guess others also get hickups. But not heard of people with Glock and CZ waiting this long to sort something brand new out. Guess those companies are just faster.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Took +3months to get it sorted. Because it was first up and down between importers and S&W who did not answer emails till Youtube post.

So guess others also get hickups. But not heard of people with Glock and CZ waiting this long to sort something brand new out. Guess those companies are just faster.
    Sig P230 comes to mind... How long did they wait? Gen 4 issues when it came out... The long wait is a SA problem, not a S&W problem.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Sig P230 comes to mind... How long did they wait? Gen 4 issues when it came out... The long wait is a SA problem, not a S&W problem.

Apologies, I meant to type P320.

I'm on my second M&P now, the trigger on the Gen 1 wasn't the best or easiest (or cheapest) to improve but the gun itself is awesome and you get used to the trigger over time. I don't know what it is with shooters in SA but most seem apprehensive to buy the M&P. It's a S&W, not a Highpoint! Jerry Miculek shoots one for crying out loud and the Gen 2 trigger is excellent, go try it.

Not only are these handguns ergonomically superior to most other handguns, they are incredibly reliable as well. I always love it when other shooters shoot one for the first time and then want one.

As for support, I haven't needed any yet. Bought recoil springs before from MRST and had zero issues. Other parts I imported from Brownells which wasn't a huge drag either. Nicolas Yale being the agents I don't see any issues arising. Not sure who shooty dealt with but don't judge the gun before you have shot one, I promise you, you'll want one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Apologies, I meant to type P320.

I'm on my second M&P now, the trigger on the Gen 1 wasn't the best or easiest (or cheapest) to improve but the gun itself is awesome and you get used to the trigger over time. I don't know what it is with shooters in SA but most seem apprehensive to buy the M&P. It's a S&W, not a Highpoint! Jerry Miculek shoots one for crying out loud and the Gen 2 trigger is excellent, go try it.

Not only are these handguns ergonomically superior to most other handguns, they are incredibly reliable as well. I always love it when other shooters shoot one for the first time and then want one.

As for support, I haven't needed any yet. Bought recoil springs before from MRST and had zero issues. Other parts I imported from Brownells which wasn't a huge drag either. Nicolas Yale being the agents I don't see any issues arising. Not sure who shooty dealt with but don't judge the gun before you have shot one, I promise you, you'll want one.

Agreed - Purchased an M&P 2.0 Compact after shooting with it and with a Glock on numerous occasions - I guess the "it works and it is well supported" was not enough to convince me that the Glock is a better choice than the M&P.

Although I am still waiting for the license approval, I already have OWB and an IWB holsters from a South African manufacturer, ordered spare mag carriers from a different SA supplier, confirmed stock availability for spare mags. I think the lack of support is a bit of a urban legend - not as great as Glock support, but not as bad as reported.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gwakie View Post
    Agreed - Purchased an M&P 2.0 Compact after shooting with it and with a Glock on numerous occasions - I guess the "it works and it is well supported" was not enough to convince me that the Glock is a better choice than the M&P.

Although I am still waiting for the license approval, I already have OWB and an IWB holsters from a South African manufacturer, ordered spare mag carriers from a different SA supplier, confirmed stock availability for spare mags. I think the lack of support is a bit of a urban legend - not as great as Glock support, but not as bad as reported.
    I had a problem with a Glock 43, factory fault, the Agents said it has to go back to the factory in Austria and will take 3 - 4 months, needless to say the National State of Disaster happened and I couldn't get an export permit for some time, so they, um, gave me another Glock (a G48 actually) upon my request, obviously Im still waiting for the license but I am an adult so I can wait.

Glock support in SA is that good!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I had a problem with a Glock 43, factory fault, the Agents said it has to go back to the factory in Austria and will take 3 - 4 months, needless to say the National State of Disaster happened and I couldn't get an export permit for some time, so they, um, gave me another Glock (a G48 actually) upon my request, obviously Im still waiting for the license but I am an adult so I can wait.

Glock support in SA is that good!!
    Wow!

User

M&P for me - ergonomically absolutely towering over the rest. When you are pro active, you can buy enough spares (in advance) to last you a lifetime....that is if you ever need them. Holsters can be custom made etc. There is something special about the Made in USA tag - you just know what you get and off course there will be haters, but they cry at home in silence!

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoRanger13 View Post
    M&P for me - ergonomically absolutely towering over the rest. When you are pro active, you can buy enough spares (in advance) to last you a lifetime....that is if you ever need them. Holsters can be custom made etc. There is something special about the Made in USA tag - you just know what you get and off course there will be haters, but they cry at home in silence!
    Everything you say makes perfect sense. Except the made in America part. I would slightly disagree on that part. Americans built stuff rough and functioning. But they lack refinement in there builds. There products always looks like they could have or should have spent just a fraction longer on it in factory to round some corners or work it off.

Other then that they do build stuff strong and to last.

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    Nothing is made perfect and shit happens

Whole bunch of people after watching this video - "Hey dude, I know how to make my Glock full auto!"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast