Thread: Hallo ....

Smile Hallo ....

Morning all

Completed competency last year, I'm busy with my application for my licence on a Glock 19 gen 5.
    Member of Skietbaan and have already joined NGPSA and SAPSA.

My focus is IPSC, starting with a handgun only, my goal is to end up shooting 3 gun.

I would appreciate some guidance on the following questions,

If I apply under section 16 after receiving DDS will I be able to carry EDC? Do SAPS give you a lot of lip for carrying under section 16? (Main reasons are - I do not want to renew every 5 years, I want to be able to keep more than 200 rounds and motivation seems easier).
    Will it be easier to apply under section 15 and once DDS received move over to section 16?
    I would like to get some training on the basics of IPSC, training drills etc. I am familiar with power factor how to calculate hit factor and the point system between minor and major.
    Which OWB holster will be best to use on the range only, excluding competition and serpa holsters?(something with a bit of a gap between body and FA).......Alien gear any good?
    How many mags are recommended for IPSC?... any recommendations on mag holsters.

Range equipment will include,
    Glock 4 pistol range bag
    CR speed edc belt
    FA holster - not yet decided.
    4 x mag holsters - not yet decided.
    eyes and ears
    3 x original Glock mags
    sunscreen
    hat

Main reason for Glock was due to reliability and availability of parts and equipment.

Positive and negative feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

User

Default Re: Hallo ....

Quote Originally Posted by Willie85 View Post
    Morning all

Completed competency last year, I'm busy with my application for my licence on a Glock 19 gen 5.
    Member of Skietbaan and have already joined NGPSA and SAPSA.

My focus is IPSC, starting with a handgun only, my goal is to end up shooting 3 gun.

I would appreciate some guidance on the following questions,

If I apply under section 16 after receiving DDS will I be able to carry EDC? Do SAPS give you a lot of lip for carrying under section 16? (Main reasons are - I do not want to renew every 5 years, I want to be able to keep more than 200 rounds and motivation seems easier).
    Will it be easier to apply under section 15 and once DDS received move over to section 16?
    I would like to get some training on the basics of IPSC, training drills etc. I am familiar with power factor how to calculate hit factor and the point system between minor and major.
    Which OWB holster will be best to use on the range only, excluding competition and serpa holsters?(something with a bit of a gap between body and FA).......Alien gear any good?
    How many mags are recommended for IPSC?... any recommendations on mag holsters.

Range equipment will include,
    Glock 4 pistol range bag
    CR speed edc belt
    FA holster - not yet decided.
    4 x mag holsters - not yet decided.
    eyes and ears
    3 x original Glock mags
    sunscreen
    hat

Main reason for Glock was due to reliability and availability of parts and equipment.

Positive and negative feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi and welcome!!

I can assure you that you chose a good gun. I am also interested in starting IPSC this year (Currently shoot IDPA) so I cant advise you on gear, but I will be following your post.

Its perfectly legal to carry a section 16 Firearm, but the SAPS seem to differ from time to time but they dont get to make the law, although sometimes they think so...
    My advise to you regarding which section to license under is either 13 or 16, and please keep in mind that should you use your firearm in a self defense situation, SAPS will take it for ballistic testing and that can take years, so a second defensive handgun such as a Glock 17 is a very good idea.

Changing from section 15 to 16 is almost impossible, depending on how good your DFO is...

User

Welcome

Welcome!

Banned

Welcome

User

hi