Hi guys!
I have been pursuing the thought of air rifle hunting for some time and have taken the first step by purchasing a ,22 BSA pellot gun .
A few hours later on You Tube I realized that people are hunting deer and pigs with air rifles.
We are heavily regulated in the UK in regards to air rifle power, which is measured in Joules and certainly limits your prey to less than deer sized animals, actually even less than fox size?
I was how ever rather surprised to learn that good old RSA has even stricter law regarding air rifles and their power delivery limits.
The UK has a higher legal joule limit than RSA and Europe in general has a even higher legal limit. I always thought RSA would be the least governed of of the 3 mentioned.
I will be dispatching problem animals around the London area with my .22 airgun and was hoping to bring it to RSA with me on this visit to do same at home but quickly realized that the weapon would be classified as a rifle and attract a rifles laws when entering RSA, so that's not going to happen.
I have in the meantime been watching air rifle hunting videos from the States and got to wondering if anyone has gone "big" in RSA, like hunting deer and such animals using air rifles.