Default .243win bullet choice

Hi guys I bought a new Howa .243win HB and I'm expecting the license soon. Would like your opinion on what bullet to shoot. Will be used for target and gong shooting to let's say 400m and for hunting mostly springbuck, impala,blesbuck and warthogs . Something in the 87gr range

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: .243win bullet choice

I have used 85gr Sierra hpbt, 87gr VMAX, 87Gr Berger VLDH, 95gr Berger classic hunters and 95gr Nosler Ballistic tips. All grouped easily under 1MOA with no effort.

My favourites are 87gr Berger VLD hunters.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
    I have used 85gr Sierra hpbt, 87gr VMAX, 87Gr Berger VLDH, 95gr Berger classic hunters and 95gr Nosler Ballistic tips. All grouped easily under 1MOA with no effort.

My favourites are 87gr Berger VLD hunters.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I use exactly the same bullets. For hunting 85 gr interbond bullets shoot to the same point of impact as the VMAX bullets. Kriek 76 gr monolithic bullets are extremely accurate and perform very well on springbok.

User

I have used the 76gr Krieks with excellent results.
    From Springbuck, Blesbuck, Impala and Warthog, through to knocking a wounded kudu down. They work
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

I moved from 100gr bullet to 87gr Peregrine bullets and my grouping tightened up to three holes cutting each other at 100m. I like the Peregrines because their range and hunting bullet are the same. Same ogive and weight, but cheaper, so no faffing around with different loads for different shooting.