Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Did you have a look at a M&P 15-22? I love mine and some say it is a better option than the 10-22. I can feed mine nearly any ammo, even the very dirty Remington Cyclone or Thunderbolts by the brick, without having to clean the rifle.
    I can second this. I put the cheapest crap through my 15-22 and it's only had a clean recently after I was bolt-shamed.

Hijack over.

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 thoughts?

Would not recommend the Takedown. Also seen zeroing issues with it.

I have a 10/22 with a Butler Creek folding stock. Almost the same OAL as the take down when the stock is folded.

Have used it for tons of plinking and hunting.

I managed to get spare parts for my bolt from the South African agent about 18 months ago. IIRC, replaced extractor, firing pin, recoil spring.

To date my front sight bead has finally detached itself.

Guesstimate I have shot about 30-40K through it perhaps more. (Had it since late 1990's) and it is still going strong.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Banned

Got the Target Tactical, with the 16 inch hammer forged bull barrel. Put it in an Archangel stock with a Leupold rimfire scope. If I do my part, this combo will give me 1 hole groups all day with CCI SV at 50 meters. Mine loves CCI. Groups open up a bit with other brands of ammo. Never had a feeding or ejecting problem with her and have only ever had a handfull of failure to fire, that was 100% the ammo's fault. My 10 rounder mags and BX 15 rounders have also never given any problems. If I could I'd buy another 2 just as spares, should this 1 ever wear out.

User

I have the 10/22 with the TacStar stock. Its a tactical looking stock with an AR style stock and pistol grip. I have only been using the 10 round mags that came with the rifle. Never had any issues with them. I just scrub them feed lips with a brush after a few range trips. Probably put about 2500 rounds through it so far. The only time I had a problem was when I tried to use sub sonics (CCI Quiet). Gun wouldn't cycle and the extractor also wasn't gripping the cases well. Other than that every other type of ammo I've put through it has worked perfectly. Remington thunderbolts, S&B standard & high velocity, winchester super x, maxxtech. Only problem with a 10/22 is that it eats ammo too fast

User

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHS1 View Post
    I have the 10/22 with the TacStar stock. Its a tactical looking stock with an AR style stock and pistol grip. I have only been using the 10 round mags that came with the rifle. Never had any issues with them. I just scrub them feed lips with a brush after a few range trips. Probably put about 2500 rounds through it so far. The only time I had a problem was when I tried to use sub sonics (CCI Quiet). Gun wouldn't cycle and the extractor also wasn't gripping the cases well. Other than that every other type of ammo I've put through it has worked perfectly. Remington thunderbolts, S&B standard & high velocity, winchester super x, maxxtech. Only problem with a 10/22 is that it eats ammo too fast
    The CCI Quiet ammo is weaker than normal subsonics, as it is intended to produce low noise from an unsuppressed barrel, much like a CB cap.

User

Ok so after much debate with myself, I bought one yesterday, 10/22 Standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

What was the price?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Ok so after much debate with myself, I bought one yesterday, 10/22 Standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk