Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 thoughts?

I have 10/22 Carbine and a stainless heavy barrel, only mod has been a Volquartsen trigger in the carbine and a Timney in the Heavy Barrel.
    They are both absolutely fantastic wonderful rifles. I cannot say enough good about them. As for spares they are so cheap that they are always under the limit and can be ordered from Brownells. Not that you need many. I dont know any unhappy 10/22 owners.
    Ruger just got this one perfect.

User

Ok, reviving this thread, Still waiting for my license for my 10/22 and I have an opportunity to buy a Mromag 25 round magazine for it, anyone have one them? any good?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Ok, reviving this thread, Still waiting for my license for my 10/22 and I have an opportunity to buy a Mromag 25 round magazine for it, anyone have one them? any good?
    Promag?

I have 2 of the older versions. They are not reliable and can't be opened and cleaned. Can't recommend them.

The newer versions are different, but not cheaper than the OEM Ruger SR25 mags.

Even the SR25 mags have their issues. They work better when squeaky clean, but still have issues. I have limited mine to 20 rounds and have fewer issues now.

The Ruger SR15 mags seem reliable, if you can find any. Off course the best reliability comes from the original 10-round rotary mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Using a 25 round mag, irrespective of make, on any 10/22 is asking for trouble, especially with kids or other family members around. It doesn't matter how much money you have, everytime you go to the range, you'll be coming home broke and ammo-less, happy yes, but still broke. I'v got 2 x BX25's, 1 of which was used once and the other still in the original pacakaging. I stick to the 10 round rotary mags or if I'm feeling VERY reckless a couple of 15 rounders. Being forced to stop shooting to reload lower capacity mags, seems to help control the madness that suddenly develops, just a little bit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nevervolunteer View Post
    Using a 25 round mag, irrespective of make, on any 10/22 is asking for trouble, especially with kids or other family members around. It doesn't matter how much money you have, everytime you go to the range, you'll be coming home broke and ammo-less, happy yes, but still broke. I'v got 2 x BX25's, 1 of which was used once and the other still in the original pacakaging. I stick to the 10 round rotary mags or if I'm feeling VERY reckless a couple of 15 rounders. Being forced to stop shooting to reload lower capacity mags, seems to help control the madness that suddenly develops, just a little bit.
    Wise words

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Promag?

I have 2 of the older versions. They are not reliable and can't be opened and cleaned. Can't recommend them.

The newer versions are different, but not cheaper than the OEM Ruger SR25 mags.

Even the SR25 mags have their issues. They work better when squeaky clean, but still have issues. I have limited mine to 20 rounds and have fewer issues now.

The Ruger SR15 mags seem reliable, if you can find any. Off course the best reliability comes from the original 10-round rotary mags.
    Correction: BX15 and BX25, not SR. Was still early in the day...

User

Thanks for the advice, I have passed on buying the mag, will rather wait and get the 15 round ruger mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I didn't struggle with my 25 round mags. I struggled to find the ammo to feed the gun reliably out of the 25 round mag. There is a slight difference. Buy the mag, get the right ammo

My old 10/22 will digest anything you feed it as long as it is a 22 and the mag fits (locks properly).
    It is like a V8, you love to floor it but those horses need feeding.

User

I bought my 10/22 Takedown September 2020 and the license was approved 13 September 2021. Still waiting for the card but I should have everything by this time next month.
    I have run a few mags of Thunderbolts and Winchester subtonics at the dealer's shooting tunnel and it just eats everything. I cannot wait to bring it home and start digging into my 4000 rounds of .22 ammo waiting in my safe...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast