Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I simply keep track of how many primers I buy. Primer per shot.
    Have anybody done the effort to weigh/count/calculate how many once fired primers goes into a Somchem can? That is the best guestimate I have of all the shots I've fired combined but nothing gun specific. Its sometimes better not to know how much money I've converted into noise and empty cases.

Default Re: Keeping round counts

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Have anybody done the effort to weigh/count/calculate how many once fired primers goes into a Somchem can? That is the best guestimate I have of all the shots I've fired combined but nothing gun specific. Its sometimes better not to know how much money I've converted into noise and empty cases.
    There is 15.43grains in a gram. So a tin of Somchem if 500gram exact. Is 7715 grain. So just divide by your load grains.

User

I use a Excel SS.

Record round count broken into comp and training, breakages, bullet weight, powder Gr and cost per round.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theuno de Bruin View Post
    We made an app where you can log it if you want. You can add your different guns, and log activities per gun. One of the fields when logging an activity is shotcount.

www.worldofhunt.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firefox for some reason doesn't like your website

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Firefox for some reason doesn't like your website
    Thanks, Will check it out asap! Here’s the direct links in the mean time:

iOS
    https://apps.apple.com/za/app/world-...t/id1451044723

Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.spaza.woh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thank you

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    There is 15.43grains in a gram. So a tin of Somchem if 500gram exact. Is 7715 grain. So just divide by your load grains.
    That is true, but my question was how many used primers will it take to fill a Somchem can to the top. I have got a couple of cans full of used primers. The thought scares me a bit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    It is not how many rounds can a tin of powder produce, how many spent primers can be dumped into a somchem tin.
    I do the same same as Vaal, dump the spent primers in an empty powder tin which is well more than the 500g of powder.

To the OP.
    I think a Rough estimation for round counts is all that is really needed for most guns. I do it as follows :
    For maintenance purposes my game gun gets new springs every December. Others will get done when the estimated count reaches 5000 or 5years which ever comes first.

Ball park figures for HG eg, shadow around 20k rounds. These figures are based on primer/bullet purchases.
    for example I can tell you that my 45 has shot about 1500 rounds, 1.2 boxes of primers and some factory rounds.
    9mm is probably less accurate as I have shot some of my ammo in other peoples guns and others have shot their ammo in mine.
    Semi auto rifles would be similar to my 45.
    Shotgun, Couldn't tell you if I tried. but I could get a close estimation from the amount of ammo purchased

Bolt guns, I record the shots from every range session so that is pretty exact. This is the only place I see the need for an exact round count.

User

Does a squib count as a half, third, or quarter?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Does a squib count as a half, third, or quarter?
    1/10 if the next round did not chamber, 9/10 for a turtle head, 1/10th for every hit of the ramrod. 500 000/1 (or equivalent barrel life) if the barrel is done after the second shot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast