User

Default US firearm export rules - revision

So does this mean easier access for items normally under ITAR restrictions?

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-hails-publ...Reform%20Rules

WASHINGTON — NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms and ammunition industry, applauds the Trump administration’s posting for public inspection of the final rules that modernize the export regulations for sporting and commercial firearms and ammunition products. The formal publication of the final rule is scheduled for Jan. 23. The rules will be implemented 45 days after formal publication.

User

Default Re: US firearm export rules - revision

That looks promising.

User

It's been a long time coming, good to see it finally being finalized.

The change will move small arms and their parts out of ITAR (no more $100 limit) and in under the same process as shotguns and their parts currently have, as I recall. I stand to be corrected, but I believe that means a simple free export permit for every non-US order.

User

I've emailed the export manager at Brownells for comment, lets see if anything comes of this.

User

That would be great. Does that mean the importing of scopes would suddenly be an option again? Triggers? Sights? Magazines?

User

Also on this, does this mean that if one travels to the States they can bring back triggers and whatnot?

this would be really nice news to have in these dark days.

User

But......since the SA Post Office has cottoned onto this stuff, ANYTHING with a specific 'gun' number (I have no idea how these are determined, but they were able to see that some of my order from Brownells was somehow a 'gun' part) like triggers, sears, firing pins etc will require the specific import protocols to be followed. I know there are people here who've done it, I'm not one of them though. Just a heads up. Before they (unfortunately) woke up, I'd received basically every single internal aftermarket component for my 1911 that I wanted - afterwards, even a .22 extractor caused them to have a s**t fit. I guess results will vary.