Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Army Ant Sticky(Ant) Holster

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Question

What holster does everyone use when not wearing a belt?

Like if you wear pajama pants at night, or boxers?

No ways my kydex holster is staying up in those sexy shorts
    I wear pants with a belt and carry AIWB until I am ready to go to bed.

If I wear shorts without belt loops at home, or when I go to bed...

CR Speed belt with kydex holster, two mag carriers with mags, flashlight and folding knife.

With the velcro it is quick and easy to put on and take off for moving about the house and when things go bump in the night.

I want to pick it up and put it on without having to scratch around in the dark for stuff.

User

I use to own pants without belt loops, now I war a belt religiously.

However in winter I wear sweat pants at home but I have a Sniper Gear belt (the one with the clip) which I wear over the pants, but thanks to Gunsite I will be using my CR Speed belt in winter because its much better quality....

User

I wont lie
    I carry AIWB kydex all day

at home when in pajamas or whatever, I use a sticky. Obviously for only the three/four hours before bed

I don't go looking for things in the night, and If i have to get up, it's in my hand

I have my work clothes hung up prebelted, so if I need to leave the house I slip those on

Would never carry a sticky everyday, but I have NEVER been able to tighten my elastic waist band shorts or PJ's enough

User

So not much advice to the OP about his original questions except 'don't use it'.

If you insist on using a sticky, only advice I can think of is, if you have to draw your firearm...

Be ready to remove the sticky that comes out with your gun with your weak hand before you try shoot anything.
    (Yes this probably does not happen often but when we are under stress, struggling on the ground or a number of possible real life situations, it does happen at times - this can also happen with any other holster not properly attached to pants/belt as well, and can happen more with some setups, i.e. clips than other).

Be VERY careful when you re-holster (maybe even remove the sticky and holster carefully and slowly where you can clearly see what you are doing).

Do a search here on GunSite, it has been discussed a lot before although not recently.

And for proper shits and giggles, go and ask about sticky holsters on GunSite FB group...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I have a pair of shorts with a belt not too far from were I sleep in case I need to go downstairs or need to leave the room, otherwise when I wear boxers and need to go to the bathroom I carry gun in my hand, obviously holstered....

Even just a belt over your boxers can work...
    Do you take your gun with you to the bathroom?

Is the bath room outside or far from your bedroom where you sleep?

I also use my kydex holster with ulti clip. Have not tried boxers, but works with everything with a draw string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2