Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Eland Bulls.

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    On the Gariep
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Eland Bulls.

    Photo taken from my kitchen door a few minutes ago. We've had good rain lately.




  2. #2
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North West
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Is that ticks on the last bull?

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    On the Gariep
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein L View Post
    Is that ticks on the last bull?
    No, louse flies. Horrible little flying mother fuckers and virtually bullet proof.

  4. #4
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North West
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Thanks jip they look like bats from hell .

    Do they sting?

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    On the Gariep
    Posts
    3,206

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein L View Post
    Thanks jip they look like bats from hell .

    Do they sting?
    The bastards bite (or maybe they sting), it hurts. You can not kill them by slapping or punching, need to pinch them between your nails or decapitate them. They love to crawl into hair or beards and then launch a sneak attack.

  6. #6
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    You are a lucky guy, TStone. Would love to have that view.

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North West
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    The bastards bite (or maybe they sting), it hurts. You can not kill them by slapping or punching, need to pinch them between your nails or decapitate them. They love to crawl into hair or beards and then launch a sneak attack.
    Sounds like what we called in the Piketberg area as horsefly's hardy bastards and it burns like hell.

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boland
    Posts
    6,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    No, louse flies. Horrible little flying mother fuckers and virtually bullet proof.
    Can't quite put my finger on it, but I get this vague idea you don't like them very much...

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Age
    66
    Posts
    4,470

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Perrevlieg - local pronounciation.

  10. #10
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    North West
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Eland Bulls.

    Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Perrevlieg - local pronounciation.
    Jip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •