Default Commuting between provinces and your self protection

Hi all. I am contemplating a move out of Joburg with the family. I would need to fly into Joburg almost every week for work. My worry is that I would prefer to have a 9mm wherever I rest my head.
    My two options as I see are: that I can either fly around with my 9mm when I commute. I have not done this before.
    Option 2 is to have a safe and a pistols in each city. My name is on a property in Joburg that I will keep and stay in when in Joburg.
    At this stage I have a section 16 license and one 9mm.
    Any advice from you guys who are doing this already or understand the implications would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Commuting between provinces and your self protection

Flying with your pistol will become very expensive, especially with the current new costs SAA have put on.

Another option would be to store at a dealer and use when you are in the area.

User

If you have access to a safe at each address where you stay you can keep a gun in the safe for when you there. I did this for almost 3 years when working in KZN. One gun in safe where I stayed and worked in Durban, and the rest at my home in Pretoria.

I know people who keep certain guns at their home in town where they live in the week, and their rifles are in the safe on the "naweek plaas". Its a non-issue.

User

The biggest priority is that you dont want to be in JHb without a defensive handgun....

There are a few gun shops close to OR Thambo though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk