Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Limp Wristing....

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my mother of 61 capable and proficient at handling a firearm. Having been to the range a few times with her it seems to me she is limp wrisiting the firearm. She has numerous malfunctions when shooting my reloads, they are fine when I shoot.

Besides working on grip and stance on and off the range. And getting more range time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions I can use.

She finds my G43 easier to grip and at this stage it is what I will try have her license.

We own a small holding and she is sometimes left at the farm alone. I would like to feel comfortable knowing she is able to protect herself should the need arise.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Limp Wristing....

What recipe are your reloads?

Might want to increase the load up to a point where she can still manage the recoil but have enough recoil to make it function correctly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    What recipe are your reloads?

Might want to increase the load up to a point where she can still manage the recoil but have enough recoil to make it function correctly.
    5.6gr sochem S121 147gr bullets

So make a lighter load? Problem is gun will be loaded with some some form of shallow points. I use Winchester Rangers. But maybe I should look into a round which isn't +P+ . So she needs to get used to a higher powered round. Or does one get low velocity hollow points. Not to clued up on that...

User

try a bigger gun, like the glock 19

i've seen many failures to eject/ feed properly with smaller guns

User

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCT View Post
    5.6gr sochem S121 147gr bullets

So make a lighter load? Problem is gun will be loaded with some some form of shallow points. I use Winchester Rangers. But maybe I should look into a round which isn't +P+ . So she needs to get used to a higher powered round. Or does one get low velocity hollow points. Not to clued up on that...

Wow. That seems to be a pretty hot load. My competition load is 3,5gr S121 with a 147gr Frontier bullet.

Have you perhaps chronied your load? I suspect 5,6grn S121 is either close or over max pressure depending on the chamber.

Also, do you mean hollow points instead of shallow points?

The idea behind loading a hotter round is that in some way it helps negate limp wristing effects.

What concerns me is that your either giving wrong load data or could be playing in the dangerous space in terms of load development.

I also suspect that the limp wristing could be due to either wrong training or trouble shooting.

I will PM you my number.

Also, which area are you based in? I could possibly get someone to come and help out.

User

I know it depends how the gun will be carried and so on, but is this not a good case for a Roni?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCT View Post
    5.6gr sochem S121 147gr bulletsSo make a lighter load? Problem is gun will be loaded with some some form of shallow points. I use Winchester Rangers. But maybe I should look into a round which isn't +P+ . So she needs to get used to a higher powered round. Or does one get low velocity hollow points. Not to clued up on that...Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    That's hot!
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

How about a revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    That's hot!
    Specially if a lady is over 60 and need to control a hot load.

Wrist and hand excersice on a regular basis and a decent standard load, is she is good with the G43 I think she shoots non hot loads with it and therefor handle it better.
    M2c

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I know it depends how the gun will be carried and so on, but is this not a good case for a Roni?
    Carrying a Roni is not practical, because your gun has to be on you if TSHTF....
    a bedside roni could work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast