Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221
Results 2,201 to 2,209 of 2209
    User

Default Re: Coronavirus. Already here?

There was a recent article where a professor at Wits said their best estimates suggest between 50 and 66 percent of infected adults are asymptomatic with children going up to 80%.
    My guess is that very few people that are asymptomatic get tested. This does not include cases like mentioned above where people have mild symptoms and therefore don't get tested.

So I'm guessing this thing has spread much further then we think.

As a practical matter, instead of trying to identify each and every person that has this virus, thereby flooding the labs with tests, should we not rather change the protocol. If someone arrives at the hospital with severe symptoms, by all means test them to ensure correct diagnosis and treatment. Don't test if the symptoms are mild or if the person has only "possibly" been exposed to the virus. This ties us so much resources (time, money, human resources), that could be better utilised.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    There was a recent article where a professor at Wits said their best estimates suggest between 50 and 66 percent of infected adults are asymptomatic with children going up to 80%.
    My guess is that very few people that are asymptomatic get tested. This does not include cases like mentioned above where people have mild symptoms and therefore don't get tested.

So I'm guessing this thing has spread much further then we think.

As a practical matter, instead of trying to identify each and every person that has this virus, thereby flooding the labs with tests, should we not rather change the protocol. If someone arrives at the hospital with severe symptoms, by all means test them to ensure correct diagnosis and treatment. Don't test if the symptoms are mild or if the person has only "possibly" been exposed to the virus. This ties us so much resources (time, money, human resources), that could be better utilised.

You are 100% right, but they were told to test just like they were told to lockdown.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-51...test-test-test

Can't have a pandemic with no world wide response and no numbers to cover that response.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    When did I suggest I knew the truth? I merely questioned someone pontificating profusely that they had all the answers. At a guess, I'd suggest they are merely looking for attention.
    You can read all my posts again (I trust you did...but I don't care if you do so again.). I never claimed to have all the answers. And if I did GS would probably be the last to find out.

I do however know where to get all the answers. I encourage you to get your own copy so you can also have access to them. Simply walk into any bookstore and ask for a copy.

(Make sure to get the KJV as some of the corrupted / watered down versions like the NIV / HIV etc miss a few critical verses and often contradicts itself where the writers of the second part quote prophets from the first part and then get it wrong. KJV never contradicts itself.)

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    If you consider that to be the truth, how can you not believe the whole coronavirus hype? COVID has slightly more credibility at least.
    I'm guessing you are actually referring to the scientists and experts having more credibility regarding the corona virus? (not the corona virus itself?)

If you think back to about Feb you may remember there were two main ideas propagated by those credible scientists and experts about the origin of the virus: It was either a menu mix-up in a fish market (where they also happen to sell pangolin and bats... at a fish market... or a virus that escaped out of a lab full of nutcase Frankenstein wannabe's.

And in the background there were people like me who believed that this virus had been with us since forever. We still believe so. What do the fish market / bio-lab experts believe now many months later?, they seem awfully quiet?

You see that which I trust in never changes, never adapts to fit in with the popular view or opinion, cannot be bought off to support a political agenda or deny what it knows to be true, and never needs more time to "study the problem".

Can you say the same of that which you claim has credibility?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Don't test if the symptoms are mild or if the person has only "possibly" been exposed to the virus. This ties us so much resources (time, money, human resources), that could be better utilised.

If the person is on medical aid cover, they will be tested even if perfectly fine showing no signs or risk ( there is lots of cash to rake in and at a higher rate than acash paying cusotmer)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

A colleague has lost his father to it last week. My boss is in isolation after he had a meeting with an asymptomatic guy who later tested positive after his parents got very ill. They don't know when he picked it up from them but to be cautious we are staying apart.

At my nieces school a child was ill, took the day off and got tested, went back to the school the next day before getting the results that he was positive

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    If the person is on medical aid cover, they will be tested even if perfectly fine showing no signs or risk ( there is lots of cash to rake in and at a higher rate than acash paying cusotmer)
    Only if they are hospitalised. If I show mild symptoms, I'll stay away from work and shops and drink vitamin c, d and zinc.

No need to clog up the system if not strictly necessary.

User

Only if they are hospitalised. If I show mild symptoms, I'll stay away from work and shops and drink vitamin c, d and zinc.
    People who do not need hospitalization get "forced" to have themselves tested. I know a few who definitely don't need hospitalization but their home doctor required the covid tests just in case...(Just in case the shareholders of the conveyor belt medical practice miss out on some moola) The one was tested about 3 times in a moth and a half...

They all had medical aid. Easy pickings. Someone is getting rich out of this.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

No need to clog up the system if not strictly necessary.

not only for the hospitalised.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221