Page 101 of 221 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2209

Default Re: Coronavirus. Already here?

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    I wouldn’t trust anything I read in the Sun. After reading the blatant lies and propaganda they published about Brexit I regard it as worse than Facebook in terms of reliability.

My personal opinion:

Mainstream media got wind of this new virus doing the rounds, whipped up a complete frenzy about it and manufactured a crisis since crisis = money for them.

This got people freaking out at unprecedented levels, which means that govt is forced to respond. Then other govts have to respond - look at the worldwide crucifixion of countries not locking down.

Like someone previously said, it’s a no-brainer for govts to react. If they lock down and it turns out to be no big deal, they can say their decisive action mitigated the disaster. If it turns into an actual disaster then they’ll say they were doing the right thing.

Either way there’s a lot of lying and disinformation out there in the media. Mislabeled stock photos being passed off as hospitals in Italy and USA being the latest one.

Ultimately there’s lots of literature supporting either perspective. It’s up to each of us to decide where we stand. Personally I’m far more concerned about the economic ramifications, I believe this could be the final nail in the coffin for SA.

I guess only time will tell what turns out to be the truth. Either way, we’re all in for a rough road ahead.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    There's a factoid during the rounds that SA might be spared from the severe effects of COVID-19 due to being one of the few countries to still administer the BCG vaccination.

Not yet peer reviewed but if it turns out to have any merit well then we can count ourselves quite lucky!
    This :

https://m.economictimes.com/news/sci...w/74931591.cms
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    It's already there, has been for a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    If this virus is just a bad flu, why then is the whole world in lockdown?
    Lots of healthy people die too, and a lot of young healthy people spends days on ventilators.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112555...-induced-coma/
    There is so much panic, the corona infection could just be coincidental or was a catalyst for an underlying condition.
    Even if it is only corona making him sick, there will always be outliers.

Interesting that a lot of the "African" medication and vaccines seem to be helpful. Chloroquine and even possibly Fansidar on that side, and now even the TB vaccines mentioned above. Going to be interesting to see what the resistance of TB patients looks like.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    I wouldn’t trust anything I read in the Sun. After reading the blatant lies and propaganda they published about Brexit I regard it as worse than Facebook in terms of reliability.

My personal opinion:

Mainstream media got wind of this new virus doing the rounds, whipped up a complete frenzy about it and manufactured a crisis since crisis = money for them.

This got people freaking out at unprecedented levels, which means that govt is forced to respond. Then other govts have to respond - look at the worldwide crucifixion of countries not locking down.

Like someone previously said, it’s a no-brainer for govts to react. If they lock down and it turns out to be no big deal, they can say their decisive action mitigated the disaster. If it turns into an actual disaster then they’ll say they were doing the right thing.

Either way there’s a lot of lying and disinformation out there in the media. Mislabeled stock photos being passed off as hospitals in Italy and USA being the latest one.

Ultimately there’s lots of literature supporting either perspective. It’s up to each of us to decide where we stand. Personally I’m far more concerned about the economic ramifications, I believe this could be the final nail in the coffin for SA.

I guess only time will tell what turns out to be the truth. Either way, we’re all in for a rough road ahead.
    If you want lies propagated by The Sun, look back at their reporting (read:distorting) of the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    I have no idea if it is effective but I have a spray bottle with diluted dettol and all food/packaging coming in gets sprayed first.
    Wash food in Milton not Dettol.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

One of your countrymen discussing the Wuhan Virus.

No one should trust the CCP. They are a criminal organization.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Wash food in Milton not Dettol.
    This. Dettol is primarily a bactericide, used for cleaning wounds. It's not meant to kill viruses. Never has. Milton is a sterilizing liquid, used to kill EVERYTHING (which is why it's used for baby bottles and so on).

User

What is now the final verdict about how long this virus lives outside a human body?
    There are so many contradictions posted. Like for example the sun's UV rays kills it in 30 minutes, but others say it lives up to 8 hours floating in the air. In the air it does get exposure to the sun's UV rays.
    Its said, time does not kill the virus, but so many times I've read it dies on copper in just 3 hours and on carton in 24 hours.
    What is now the actual truth?

User

Well, for one, it doesn't float in the air. The virus is not airborne, and is confined to droplets carrying it around. As soon as the droplet drops to the ground, so does the virus.

Page 101 of 221 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast