Page 171 of 190 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1897
    User

Default Re: Coronavirus. Already here?

Well it seems one country has seen the light.

https://www.joshwho.net/german-govt-...l-false-alarm/

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Well it seems one country has seen the light.

https://www.joshwho.net/german-govt-...l-false-alarm/
    One person, it would seem by the article... Not "one country" - he's been dismissed (although I'm sure there are others who share his views). Seems there are no real straight answers here, so many polarised views, and valid positions on both sides. One can't ignore the impact of the virus on many societies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    One person, it would seem by the article... Not "one country" - he's been dismissed (although I'm sure there are others who share his views). Seems there are no real straight answers here, so many polarised views, and valid positions on both sides. One can't ignore the impact of the virus on many societies.
    One person fired because they leaked it.
    Not the persons opinion, see below:

Initially, the government tried to dismiss the report as “the work of one employee”, and its contents as “his own opinion” – while the journalists closed ranks, no questions asked, with the politicians. But the 93-pages report titled “Analysis of the Crisis Management” has been drafted by a scientific panel appointed by the Interior Ministry and composed by external medical experts from several German universities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    One person fired because they leaked it.
    Not the persons opinion, see below:
    It's a difficult thing I think, as many people will argue he (and the suggested scientific panel) are right, and possibly use the leaked report as some sort of justification in their views that these lockdowns are unjustifiable, one cannot dismiss the severity of the infection rate in some of the major centres. Excess deaths in some instances are telling - These numbers, of course, may reconcile differently after year-on-year figures over 12 months are available, but right now the fatality rates have been concerning. In SA there are certainly other management issues to justify, and certainly these have been badly handled - SA is just starting it's flu season, so this will be an interesting few months in SA.
    Look at Sweden for example, limited changes, and social distancing was the only changes, but they too dealt with excess infections and a similar morbidity rate. I reckon in the next 6 months, there will be clearer a clearer picture developing.

A brief look at the UK situation:

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    It's a difficult thing I think, as many people will argue he (and the suggested scientific panel) are right, and possibly use the leaked report as some sort of justification in their views that these lockdowns are unjustifiable, one cannot dismiss the severity of the infection rate in some of the major centres. Excess deaths in some instances are telling - These numbers, of course, may reconcile differently after year-on-year figures over 12 months are available, but right now the fatality rates have been concerning. In SA there are certainly other management issues to justify, and certainly these have been badly handled - SA is just starting it's flu season, so this will be an interesting few months in SA.
    Look at Sweden for example, limited changes, and social distancing was the only changes, but they too dealt with excess infections and a similar morbidity rate. I reckon in the next 6 months, there will be clearer a clearer picture developing.
    I agree with you to some extent, but like you say we will eventually see the whole picture.
    The flu is an interesting one, I read someone the other day that our flu season has been delayed or might not come this year due to the international travel restrictions.
    Whether that is true or its just a reporting issue because people are to scarred to go to doctors, it might just be going unreported or occurring along with CV19 and not reported.

It just seems to me people chose a response and they are now clinging to it, which is the worst that can happen for us.

I think the typical flu numbers will be down everywhere due to the fact that people are just more aware of social distancing and basic cough/sneeze/hand hygiene - so the numbers may be down. I also do not think that SA will see the numbers as seen in Europe or the East Coast of the US, and Ramaphosa will milk that. London has been hit very hard, but the way the city runs, it was inevitable. Anyway, interesting stuff.
    Last edited by KK20; 06-06-2020 at 20:13.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Colds and flu are slowly picking up the pace ...( from over counter sales of these products)

It is going to hit very hard in September
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

So it appears that the China flu has suspended its powers of infection and lethality in deference to the Floyd protests.
    Apparently this highly intelligent virus can distinguish who to kill, ordinary people remain most at risk. Protesters, looters, pilligers and car burners are safe and may continue their civic duty. Well they did wear their masks right?
    Anyway I called bullshit on the China flu weeks ago.

User

Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asym...-who-says.html

WHO walks back comments on asymptomatic coronavirus spread, says much is still unknown

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-...l-unknown.html

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asym...-who-says.html

WHO walks back comments on asymptomatic coronavirus spread, says much is still unknown

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-...l-unknown.html
    The WHO has lost a lot of credibility after they were essentially forced to retract their previous lies about the benefits of wearing masks.

Page 171 of 190 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast