Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    corruption thrives in an environment of chaos
    Do you have any concrete examples or proof?

User

Default Re: Another BAD experience with the CFR

1. Its a general statement

2. I know of people who manage to get their licences very quickly, its almost as easy as paying the traffic cop who stops you for some or other reason

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    Any chance you have the telephone contact of the western Cape lady you mentioned please?
    My application is still sitting at provincial since Oct last year...
    Phone 021 918-3000 then ask for Firearms department. If I recall she is Cpt Lombard.

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    Its another dumb excuse to frustrate us

and, yes, its possible to get your card, in hand, within a few weeks of applying, if you are prepared to grease the wheels
    Not sure if you are referring to bribing someone. But as a note you cab shower your DFO in bribes, But that wnt help you get license quicker. He may send it to provincial quicker. But that might only save you a day. Once at CFR. Its in process. So gets done when its in front of someone. I think they dont open arriving boxes with apps in in any sequence. So that makes for why apps gets done different times. Also example if you gave in first. Provincial might pack your app first in box. Last app in is on top. So at CFR they might take the last app first to do.

But you can grease the wheel at CFR. Or suggest some people bribe people to get their apps done faster. Which would be incorrect.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antonie_Pienaar View Post
    As far as I know the 90 days start when you receive that first sms "... receiving attention at DFO..." ie when app is handed in give or take a few days, as app is officially on the system with a ref no.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Nope, from an administrative perspective the clock starts on the date of your receipt when you submitted.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Phone 021 918-3000 then ask for Firearms department. If I recall she is Cpt Lombard.
    Awesome. Thanks!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Botha View Post
    Did I understand this right.

On the 28th Jan they admitted they lost the application, then they admitted receiving it on the 29th Jan, it was processed and approved within 36 minutes.
    So the actual time it took to review and approve your application from when they received it was 36 minutes from start to finish.

Why then do they need 90 days?
    Also happened with someone I know. His section 16 semi-auto shotgun application was lost, and when they send is again, just took two days to be approved.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

IIR that number is the Bellville Police station number.

I phoned the Western Cape FLASH Nr 021 950 1400 and then was put through to 021 950 1406 who checked if the cards was at the Provincial office.
    The lady informed me that they did not received any new cards last week Friday. The couriers usually come every Friday and was instructed to phone again coming Friday... Guess I will phone again tomorrow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3