Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Collecting Licence cards from CFR

Morning everyone,
    Is it possible to collect your firearm license card from CFR directly? Is it worthwhile, if it's possible.
    How long does it take to get from the CFR to your DFO once printed?
    Got my approval sms, so I'm trying to figure out how to shave time to get my new blaster...

User

Default Re: Collecting Licence cards from CFR

No, the card has to follow a route to your DFO. From Pretoria Printers, your provincial, one of your stations in your area, your station, your DFO. Usually takes a month from approval SMS received. If you interested I can send you a contact to make the process a bit faster. Wait you have to wait.

Three or more stations dedicate one vehicle to pick up the cards from provincial. Find out which day of the week the vehicle pics up the cards from provincial, then phone your DFO the next day. But first phone my contact to see if the card has been printed and he will be able to tell you where the card is in the process/route to your station. The hold up is usually at the printers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PietSkiet2 View Post
    Usually takes a month from approval SMS received.

As Piet said. You can not collect from them. Get outsourced since a year or so ago. Even before that you could not collect it.

In western Cape it use to go to regional office. When you phone them they will say its there and in pigeon hole waiting for DFO. But they also never allowed collection of it.

I believe the reason is as you have to sign for it at DFO.

Sitting with same thing. Card is at Western Cape and dfo might go next week.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PietSkiet2 View Post
    No, the card has to follow a route to your DFO. From Pretoria Printers, your provincial, one of your stations in your area, your station, your DFO. Usually takes a month from approval SMS received. If you interested I can send you a contact to make the process a bit faster. Wait you have to wait.

Three or more stations dedicate one vehicle to pick up the cards from provincial. Find out which day of the week the vehicle pics up the cards from provincial, then phone your DFO the next day. But first phone my contact to see if the card has been printed and he will be able to tell you where the card is in the process/route to your station. The hold up is usually at the printers.
    Could you also send me the number. Nine is today 4 weeks ago approved. Know it will be some more time, but worth to call and find out.

Banned

I know someone that collected a card from provincial but that was in 2018

My DFO was in hospital my card was at provincial and there was no one to collect it.
    Called the DFO at Bellville South, as they are on the same premises, she collected the card for me, i collected from her.

I then had to drive to my police station to sign the register saying i have received it.

I dont think its something they do often, but it was a valid reason i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nerd View Post
    I know someone that collected a card from provincial but that was in 2018
    Thats is not suppose to happen. As you have to sign the card out at DFO in their Book/register they keep.
    Otherwise it will stay open against your name.

User

Hi @pietSkiet, would you mind sharing your contact with me as I have been waiting since the 5th of March when my licence was approved?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast