Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Another Gun belt thread.

So this is another Gun Belt Thread.

I have been wearing the Army Ant Gear belt (with buckle) for about 10 months now, and it just does not stay stiff for very long (damn that sounds dirty)

So I am interested in the following, either a Ross Gun Belt from Jizni, https://www.jizni.co.za/belts/1533-r...t_size-42_inch

Priced very well, but how long does it keep its retention and stiffness?

Or I am looking at the Kallerman Leather belt from CHS Guns, its going to be double the price but it has a Kydex Lining so it should stay stiff all year round for a couple of years?

I need to be able to wear it wiht my shirt tucked in, so a Daniels cobra or Hailstorm Badger wont do....

Am I missing any good leather gun belts?

Default Re: Another Gun belt thread.

Does Hailstorm still do the Looper belt? I used mine for 6 years, 5 days a week. Only stopped because I no longer carry a gun :-)
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Does Hailstorm still do the Looper belt? I used mine for 6 years, 5 days a week. Only stopped because I no longer carry a gun :-)
    And what did you carry on the weekends?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Not any more because it became difficult dealing with Looper and the exchange rate became a hurdle.

I have since come around to the ratchet belt system (I have been using and trying different brands for at least the last 2 years) and I believe there is nothing better for edc and no non-ratchet belt is as adjustable with minimum effort than a ratchet belt. The belts adjust in 1/4inch increments instead of 1" like on conventional buckled edc belts and they can adjust on the fly without attracting attention. Adjustment can be done, even when wearing an over shirt for concealment, without having to lift the shirt.

We currently import Kore Essentials. We usually stock range and dress versions of the belt and even the range version will pass as a neat belt and does not look tactical.

There are lots of reviews online for info and testimonials.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    Not any more because it became difficult dealing with Looper and the exchange rate became a hurdle.

I have since come around to the ratchet belt system (I have been using and trying different brands for at least the last 2 years) and I believe there is nothing better for edc and no non-ratchet belt is as adjustable with minimum effort than a ratchet belt. The belts adjust in 1/4inch increments instead of 1" like on conventional buckled edc belts and they can adjust on the fly without attracting attention. Adjustment can be done, even when wearing an over shirt for concealment, without having to lift the shirt.

We currently import Kore Essentials. We usually stock range and dress versions of the belt and even the range version will pass as a neat belt and does not look tactical.

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks great being able to adjust like that, but how stiff is the belt? On the picture it looks rolled up?

User

Been using a Kallerman from CHS for the last year for work wear carry and it is holding up great, and fits into office wear environment well.

Only thing is that the adjustment increments are not very small as DS also mentioned.

User

Steven, i presume the problem is that a normal leather belt streches over time - if that is what you mean by "not staying stiff ? ....but there is a work-around to solve this. Do you perhaps have a friend that does leather work ?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

I researched leather EDC belts quite extensively and both the Kallerman and Ross belt came equally out on top. I couldn't find anyone who had used both.

The best belt IMO is the Kore series from Hailstorm as recommended by DS, I can 100% vouch for the belts and the 1/4 inch adjustments are ABSOLUTELY amazing compared to a normal buckle! Ratcheting belts are the future IMO.

User

My Ross belt is at least 8 years old and is still nearly as stiff as the first day. I have a black and a tan one. I got gatvol of my son going through flea market belts every 6 months as a school belt, bought him a black one also and it is still going strong after 3 years. I polish mine once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post

That makes sense. I forgot about the ratchet belt I got from you, donated it to my brother who just started out carrying at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    And what did you carry on the weekends?
    Less formal wear, so I used my Wilderness belt.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast