Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Safe to use Teflon-Coated bullets in a Glock 23 or CZ 75

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Are we factoring in the health costs too..?

Casting thousands of rounds in your garage, pretty soon you will be shooting blanks, and your liver might not work as well as it used to.

I prefer the factory that's set up for the risk mitigation, to do the job for me thankyouverrymuch.
    Just by living over here,we are all busy dying day for day..Stuck in traffic,driving behind a diesel fumed lorry..or living close to an airport(where they dump fuel over your rooftop) up here in JHB we all inhale toxic gasses..unless you stay remotely in a jungle or far from between,,you might be lucky..

But yeah its's noted.
    different strokes for different people hey.

what if we for some reason cant get bullets over here..then we are stuck..Unless you have brass,primers & powder with the casting tools saved up ,,it won't be a train smash..There is no warranty in this day & age..Just saying

PC bullets are cheap for regular shooters. Factoring in a cheap oven, own casting equipment and lead cost, and time wasted in front brainless TV political and non-educational BS news, my bullets cost me under R400 per thousand and that is 45 x 230gr, 9mm 60% of that.
    I use Lee equipment for casting and done 10s of thousands of PC bullets sized to correct specs for various Glock sizes, CZ, Colt, S &W, Taurus, etc.. Never as messy as lube sized bullets and cleaning guns after extensive use not a job greater than with CMJ bullets.
    Do not cast or PC in confined spaces unless decent extractor and filtering equipment.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
    PC bullets are cheap for regular shooters. Factoring in a cheap oven, own casting equipment and lead cost, and time wasted in front brainless TV political and non-educational BS news, my bullets cost me under R400 per thousand and that is 45 x 230gr, 9mm 60% of that.
    I use Lee equipment for casting and done 10s of thousands of PC bullets sized to correct specs for various Glock sizes, CZ, Colt, S &W, Taurus, etc.. Never as messy as lube sized bullets and cleaning guns after extensive use not a job greater than with CMJ bullets.
    Do not cast or PC in confined spaces unless decent extractor and filtering equipment.
    Thanks for heads up Theunsb; will for sure be on the look-out for a casting jig from Lee i suppose or any other? soon..

For the time being & whenever finances allows i'll be still buying whenever i can.
    Personally i don't think it's such an horrible idea to get equipment ready to do your own Casting..Cost saving measures in place..

So i would assume that for now it will be a save bet to buy the 800 for a R1000 & take it from there on??

User

''Do not cast or PC in confined spaces unless decent extractor and filtering equipment''..Will rather do it outside with a Double mask on if i get there

Yes Bismarck 1941. R800 fine per 1,000

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
    Yes Bismarck 1941. R800 fine per 1,000
    Sweet..Just want to pay of my Mauser & if there is R800 left..Woza some bullets..Thanks

User

Don't let bullet manufactures scare with the dangers of bullet casting. So is reloading and shooting dangerous as well as driving and living in South Africa.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PietSkiet2 View Post
    Don't let bullet manufactures scare with the dangers of bullet casting. So is reloading and shooting dangerous as well as driving and living in South Africa.
    This is a fact not fiction..It's pretty much like me still using & loving my 2 stroke mower to mow the lawn,.it has character & sound & smell that i love & adore.

Yes,i do have a 4 stroke modern mower,which also gets the job done.
    Do i like it? Off coarse
    Do i love it? Don't think so.

Will i be getting an Electric ? No ways

The sad part is that much like smoking the risk of uncoated lead bullets and lead primers is becoming irrefutable. The primers alone accounting for quite a bit of the lead poisoning of even occasional shooters.We really need to push dealers into at least bringing in some lead free primers. More expensive yes but the risks are now too obvious to ignore.

User

That is why I only use Murom primers. They are cheap, heavy metal free and non-corrosive from our comrades in Russia. Competition primers and good quality. (54c each for small pistol) Reloaded about 5 000 of them without any malfunctions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast