Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help a noob.

Default Help a noob.

Good afternoon Gents, and maybe a lady or two?

I recently got gifted a handgun by my Employer, that he bought and never got around to doing the paperwork. He bought a CZ75 SP01 Shadow.

I’ve always wanted a firearm but never actually bought one.

So, after reading tons on here and the rest of the internet, I put together that this isn’t the best (read safest) firearm for me to EDC. And that it’s suited to sport shooting.

Now, the gun is still at the gun shop, and they want to upsell, which means I need to spend another 30% of the CZ’s value value in order to trade it in on something that I’d be more comfortable with carrying (read Glock 19)

Help me out please.
    What are my options here?

Try to sell it and buy the Glock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Help a noob.

A CZ Shadow SP01 cost way more new then a G19. The dealer who wants to up sell you is trying to do you in.

Rather sell the Shadow for +-12000 or to someone else at a bargain for 10 000. And you will still have change left.

User

Yip, the dealer is trying to scam you.
    You are correct in that the SP01 is not the ideal EDC firearm, but it is reliable, has a huge magazine capacity and has a lot going for it. Apart from the size and weight.

User

Quote Originally Posted by alloutallister View Post
    Good afternoon Gents, and maybe a lady or two?

I recently got gifted a handgun by my Employer, that he bought and never got around to doing the paperwork. He bought a CZ75 SP01 Shadow.

I’ve always wanted a firearm but never actually bought one.

So, after reading tons on here and the rest of the internet, I put together that this isn’t the best (read safest) firearm for me to EDC. And that it’s suited to sport shooting.

Now, the gun is still at the gun shop, and they want to upsell, which means I need to spend another 30% of the CZ’s value value in order to trade it in on something that I’d be more comfortable with carrying (read Glock 19)

Help me out please.
    What are my options here?

Try to sell it and buy the Glock?

@ alloutallister Hey I recently got my CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW in October 2019, and I bought it for R15 600.00.
    It's an awesome Firearm however not suitable for EDC it is way too big and heavy. BTW I bought mine solely for sport shooting. You are welcome to shoot mine if you want to use it for sport shooting.

User

IMHO I would keep the Shadow, license it on section 15 or even better section 16, then buy a Glock for EDC, at least then you have a good backup defensive handgun...

Plus I have been carrying a Glock 34 for the past 5 months and it sucks, its comforting though but not Ideal at all to carry such a large gun, but it can be done....

User

Agreed, you are being done in!

Keep it for Sport Shooting on section 16 and get a Glock 19 (or similar) for EDC

Default Help a noob.

Hi Gents. Thanks for all the replies.

I’ll be starting the whole process tomorrow.
    I’ll keep it advertised until it comes time to actually hand in the papers for the licence application.

If it hasn’t sold by then, I’ll just keep it and make do.

I’m also not keen on owning 2 handguns, AT THE MOMENT.

I don’t really want to get into sport shooting, as I already have too many expensive hobbies.

The Shadow 1 as well as the newer Shadow 2 is currently just about the best handguns out of box that is competition ready. There is just nothing to change on them.

User

note that 2 is one
    and one is none

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    note that 2 is one
    and one is none
    Sounds accurate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast