Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Flanjet View Post
    But the AR has a much higher "cool factor"rating.
    Am I right?
    Depending on the circles you move in.

Anywhere that regards the West as an ally, probably. In places that see the West as “enemy number one”, the banana mag gun is a lot cooler.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Re: DM4 Torture test

Quote Originally Posted by Flanjet View Post
    But the AR has a much higher "cool factor"rating.
    Am I right?
    Absolutely you are right! But then again, a pimped up AK has its own weird charm...

A 5.56 AK is as good as it gets. I would say 5.45 but not anywhere outside Russia. The 7.62 AK has a tad more recoil and the mags are a tad heavier.AR tends to spray your shooting glasses with oil.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    A 5.56 AK is as good as it gets. I would say 5.45 but not anywhere outside Russia. The 7.62 AK has a tad more recoil and the mags are a tad heavier.AR tends to spray your shooting glasses with oil.
    How much freaking oil are you putting in your guns?
    While the gas system of the AR does vent towards the shooter a bit, a properly specced one should not be spraying gas everywhere. Then again, seems like the thing to do with AR's is to over gas them so that they function even with the weakest ammo.

Even my DD barrel in 300blk is stupidly overgassed.

User

Never had problems with a squirting AR, maybe a bit oo much oil... Overgasing causes failures to extract due to rim damage, extractor and locking lug damage, so no, it's not an solution. AR is a ZEN-gun: everything has to be in balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    How much freaking oil are you putting in your guns?
    While the gas system of the AR does vent towards the shooter a bit, a properly specced one should not be spraying gas everywhere. Then again, seems like the thing to do with AR's is to over gas them so that they function even with the weakest ammo.

Even my DD barrel in 300blk is stupidly overgassed.
    A drop in the bolt carrier holes is my standard. Watch any you tube video and there is a fair bit of gas vented out those holes. Any oil in the bolt carrier eventually works its way out and ends up on shooting glasses. Had it happen on everything from Colts to DD. Your point about over gassing on some is valid but less or more aside the AR needs oil and the venting takes place close to the shooters face.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    A drop in the bolt carrier holes is my standard. Watch any you tube video and there is a fair bit of gas vented out those holes. Any oil in the bolt carrier eventually works its way out and ends up on shooting glasses. Had it happen on everything from Colts to DD. Your point about over gassing on some is valid but less or more aside the AR needs oil and the venting takes place close to the shooters face.
    If you are left handed, like me, then you get it good.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3