Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: New gun owner, Glock G45, waiting for Approval... (noob questions inside)

Quote Originally Posted by rog163 View Post
    Don’t mean to Hijack the thread but what/where is the cheapest 9mm ammo someone can get to use at the range? I got the message that License approved on my Glock 19, just waiting for the card now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't mind the hijack. This is also something that I would like to know.
    Reloading would be the best I suspect but I have to start somewhere and would like to make the range sessions as easy and accessible as possible.

User

Default Re: New gun owner, Glock G45, waiting for Approval... (noob questions inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Oh yes, a good training course on essentials and then as many good courses as you can afford, combined with PRACTICE...

Do you have recommendations for training and courses?
    I'm definitely open to this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    Letting GS forum members know which area you are in will help to guide you in a direction for training and courses.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Letting GS forum members know which area you are in will help to guide you in a direction for training and courses.
    Apologies. I have amended my profile. I'm in the Pretoria area.

User

BigT does miracles, keep an eye open on the forums....
    Everyone else mentioned should be good to but I dont have experience with them, I did all my training with the bear.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    BigT does miracles, keep an eye open on the forums....
    Everyone else mentioned should be good to but I dont have experience with them, I did all my training with the bear.....

Thanks for the suggestions. I shall definitely keep an eye on his courses once I get my firearm.

User

Training is definitely something that I have to research more.
    What kind of cost am I looking at for this?
    I definitely want to be comfortable and capable with the firearm... and that will take practice.

I have a couple of colleagues that reload so I might be able to get into it with them.
    You can get away with some of Arno’s cheap intro courses.

Search Facebook for Kembative Concepts, Tactical Defence Institute.
    As mentioned Big T also has some fundamental classes.

Budget about R2500 for course fees, ammo(get reloading, you will shoot much more for the same money as factory) and subdries. But for the love of everything that is sweet, don’t buy more tactical goodies. Contact these folks, speak to them and save up. It will be the best start.

Sport shooting some good value with SADPA even with everything. 1 club shoot a month and your yearly membership, club fees and reloaded ammo will cost you about R500 per month. Really worth it to get some fun practice in. And there are tons of clubs in your vicinity.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    You can get away with some of Arno’s cheap intro courses.

Search Facebook for Kembative Concepts, Tactical Defence Institute.
    As mentioned Big T also has some fundamental classes.

Budget about R2500 for course fees, ammo(get reloading, you will shoot much more for the same money as factory) and subdries. But for the love of everything that is sweet, don’t buy more tactical goodies. Contact these folks, speak to them and save up. It will be the best start.

Sport shooting some good value with SADPA even with everything. 1 club shoot a month and your yearly membership, club fees and reloaded ammo will cost you about R500 per month. Really worth it to get some fun practice in. And there are tons of clubs in your vicinity.
    Thanks. I'll look at Arno's courses as well.

That is definitely within my budget.

What do I need to start getting into reloading?

User

Not to sound like an echo chamber but training, training and more training! The above trainers are all top notch, add to that list Mark Human from MultiDimensional Warriors (MDW).

A firearm isn't the be all and end all, consider investing in a decent handheld torch eg Olight, Surefire etc, pepper spray eg Sabre Red or Fox Labs, attending a Stop The Bleed course and purchasing a tourniquet at a minimum, consider investing in a fixed blade knife carried on your waistband this will also take a substantial amount of research and training but it can be highly useful. A WML is also useful but it requires an additional holster and the items listed above should be higher priorities.

As an added, subscribe to YouTube channels like Active Self Protection (think situational awareness)

Lastly conduct research and ask questions before you purchase accessories, so you can buy once cry once!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Not to sound like an echo chamber but training
    Lastly conduct research and ask questions before you purchase accessories, so you can buy once cry once!
    If this is all you take away from todays discussion then consider it a win!
    Do not feel overwhelmed, everything will fall in place in time, rest assured that you are on the correct website to help you with your needs and dont forget to have fun with your blaster in hand and always be safe!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast