Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    Do you have recommendations for training and courses?
    I'm definitely open to this.
    Adrian Rosslee for training in Pretoria.

Regarding the OP; get another gun, maybe the G43x or G48.

I don’t know your personal circumstances, but guns that are difficult to conceal are often left at home.

User

Default Re: New gun owner, Glock G45, waiting for Approval... (noob questions inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Not to sound like an echo chamber but training, training and more training! The above trainers are all top notch, add to that list Mark Human from MultiDimensional Warriors (MDW).

A firearm isn't the be all and end all, consider investing in a decent handheld torch eg Olight, Surefire etc, pepper spray eg Sabre Red or Fox Labs, attending a Stop The Bleed course and purchasing a tourniquet at a minimum, consider investing in a fixed blade knife carried on your waistband this will also take a substantial amount of research and training but it can be highly useful. A WML is also useful but it requires an additional holster and the items listed above should be higher priorities.

As an added, subscribe to YouTube channels like Active Self Protection (think situational awareness)

Lastly conduct research and ask questions before you purchase accessories, so you can buy once cry once!
    Thanks for the advice. There is definitely a lots to consider there.
    I will look at the additional items mentioned (torch, spray, etc).
    Training seems to be my biggest priority at the moment. I will definitely make some work of that.

User

Default Re: New gun owner, Glock G45, waiting for Approval... (noob questions inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    If this is all you take away from todays discussion then consider it a win!
    Do not feel overwhelmed, everything will fall in place in time, rest assured that you are on the correct website to help you with your needs and dont forget to have fun with your blaster in hand and always be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Definitely the right place to be it seems. I shall be asking a lot of question in the coming days/weeks/months.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Adrian Rosslee for training in Pretoria.

Regarding the OP; get another gun, maybe the G43x or G48.

I don’t know your personal circumstances, but guns that are difficult to conceal are often left at home.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will add Adrian Rosslee to the list.
    I will see how things work out with the G45. The plan is definitely EDC and not leaving it at home. If it turns out that I do end up leaving it at home I will absolutely be replacing it with a more appropriate model.

Thanks. I'll look at Arno's courses as well.

That is definitely within my budget.

What do I need to start getting into reloading?
    Start with this thread:
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...sary-Equipment

Also, once you get your equipment, this thread helps quite a bit:http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ing-compendium

User

Thanks for the recommendation. I will add Adrian Rosslee to the list.
    I will see how things work out with the G45. The plan is definitely EDC and not leaving it at home. If it turns out that I do end up leaving it at home I will absolutely be replacing it with a more appropriate model.
    Another reason to get a second (and even third) defensive handgun is because if you use your gun in self defense, it gets sent off for ballistic testing by SAPS, and that can take years.......

User

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Start with this thread:
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...sary-Equipment

Also, once you get your equipment, this thread helps quite a bit:http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ing-compendium
    Awesome! Thank you sir. Bookmarked for some weekend reading and research.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Another reason to get a second (and even third) defensive handgun is because if you use your gun in self defense, it gets sent off for ballistic testing by SAPS, and that can take years.......
    Hmm, this is not something I have considered yet.

What are the legal considerations for multiple SD firearms?
    I'm getting my G45 on S13. I can only have one right?
    Can I get a second (and third?) handgun on S16 and use them interchangeably?
    Are there are restrictions I need to be aware of?

User

You can carry your section 16 firearm with no issues

User

Hmm, this is not something I have considered yet.

What are the legal considerations for multiple SD firearms?
    I'm getting my G45 on S13. I can only have one right?
    Can I get a second (and third?) handgun on S16 and use them interchangeably?
    Are there are restrictions I need to be aware of?
    Read this:

https://paratus.info/2017/10/31/3083/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast